Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

A startling, seductive, deliciously dark debut that will shatter your definition of YA fantasy. Sixteen-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she's engaged to the prince, no one speaks to her. No one even looks at her. Because Twylla isn't a member of the court. She's the executioner.As the goddess-embodied, Twylla kills with a single touch. So each week, she's taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love her. Who could care for a girl with murder in her veins? Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to her touch, avoids her.But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose playful smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he's able to look past Twylla's executioner robes and see the girl, not the goddess. Yet a treasonous romance is the least of Twylla's problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies-a plan that requires an unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?@goodreads 

MY REVIEW:


4 STARS 

 :



This freaking book! The freaking Queen is an evil jerk! How in the world can I review this without telling all of the evil things she has done and it's still not the half of it!

Okay, poor old Twylla is told she is a Daunen Embodied - has to do with gods and stuff. She's supposedly poisonous to the touch and she's the Queen's Executioner. The King doesn't ever have too much to say, but he does like to hear Twylla sing. The Queen wears the pants in the family!

And the Queen has a son from her previous marriage named Merek. One day he is supposed to marry Twyla and only him, the king and queen can touch Twyla without dying.

One would ask why Twyla doesn't go back home or run away because she hates killing people. Supposedly the Queen is giving extra money to Twyla's mom and little sister. So in this case Twyla doesn't want anything to happen to her little sister. Twyla's mom is a Sin Eater and that is something you can read about yourself. Sounded crazy as all get out to me. Uggg.

Twyla has to kill her best friend because he did some stuff for treason and the Queen wanted him to die. Hell, the Queen wants everyone to die. She has people killed left, right and center! I loathed her so much I could Hulk Smash things! Yeah, you will too if you read about her and read all of the stuff she has done to people. I mean there are some nasty, bad stuff!

Twyla has a guard named Dorin who I just loved! He's an old man and he does the best he can for Twyla. She is supposed to have at least two guards but they all keep quitting because they are afraid of her. Well, one day they get a young man from over yonder and his name is, Lief. I really loved Lief too.

Then more people start dying off, or being killed off I should say. Then Twylla finds out these horrific revelations and she is beyond devastated! I mean, I can't even! I must be stupid because I didn't see half of that craziness coming at all. Well, what happened with a couple of people I did because it was obvious, but for the most part I was clueless.

I'm just hoping to read about someone setting that Queen on fire for all of the evil she has brought about! It better be in the next book!

If your looking for a book with action, this is not it. I loved it for what it was and if your looking for some evil stuff then you have the right book!


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1605797342

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Sin-Eaters-Daughter-Melinda-Salisbury/dp/0545810620/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470864653&sr=8-1&keywords=the+sin+eater%27s+daughter

3 comments:

  1. AH I've been meaning to read that for like forever. Just want to read it more after reading your review.

    check out a.s.damea @ www.reviewingdreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it because it's one of those books that people either love or hate. I really enjoyed it and I have the second one but I'm not going to get to it right away. I have about a million more ahead of it. It never ends :-)

      Delete
  2. Excellent review!! I want to read this one. I have a friend that just bought it and she's going to let me borrow it after she reads it. Yey!

    ReplyDelete