Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Malice by John Gwynne

The world is broken...

Corban wants nothing more than to be a warrior under King Brenin's rule - to protect and serve. But that day will come all too soon. And the price he pays will be in blood.

Evnis has sacrificed - too much it seems. But what he wants - the power to rule -- will soon be in his grasp. And nothing will stop him once he has started on his path.

Veradis is the newest member of the warband for the High Prince, Nathair. He is one of the most skilled swordsman to come out of his homeland, yet he is always under the shadow of his older brother.

Nathair
has ideas - and a lot of plans. Many of them don't involve his father, the High King Aquilus. Nor does he agree with his father's idea to summon his fellow kings to council.

The Banished Lands has a violent past where armies of men and giants clashed in battle, but now giants are seen, the stones weep blood and giant wyrms are stirring. Those who can still read the signs see a threat far greater than the ancient wars. For if the Black Sun gains ascendancy, mankind's hopes and dreams will fall to dust...

...and it can never be made whole again.


MALICE is a dark epic fantasy tale of blind greed, ambition, and betrayal. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 



 :

My thoughts . . .

Yeah!




I wanted to kill people seven ways til Sunday in this book! The damn bullies and the evil people. If you read this book you best not like anyone or anything because they are going to DIE! Well, not all of them, but still! You know how these epics go =)

Some of my favorite characters:
1. Corbin
2. Cywen (Corbin's sister)
3. Gar (stablemaster)
4. Thannon (the smith & Corbin/Cywen's father
5. Veradis


Okay, there are several more I loved but I can't list them all!

Corbin and his best friend Dath get bullied by this jerk named Rafe and oh I can't wait until the day he gets his. I hope he gets it bad! Watch, he will turn into a good person and I will have to like him!

Cywen is bad to the bone and takes up for Corbin beating the crap out of Rafe :-D But of course, Corbin doesn't want his sister fighting his battles. And it's going to be a little bit before he can start training to be a warrior.

Gar, the stable master actually starts training him early. Cywen also works for Gar helping with the horses. Gar is a wonderful person.

I love Corbin and Cywen's parents too! They are good people. And they have some secrets about Corbin which I hope will come out in the next book. Their father is a smith but he is bad to the bone too, well, so is Gar.

One day Corbin goes off because of (reasons) and he runs into some wolven. Then some stuff happens that endears Corbin to the wolves. But later on some bad stuff happens by some @ssholes and Corbin ends up with a wolven pup. He named her Storm. He also gets a little colt given to him by Gar who he names Shield and I was loving the part when Shield actually saved his life.


 :



There are a lot of things going on in this book. The author built up this world pretty good in this debut novel!

We also have giants, wyrms, elementals and other stuff. There is to be a God-War. You can read the book and find out what all that entails!

Veradis is too cool. He is sent over to another King to fight in his son, Prince Nathair's warband. He does a pretty freaking good job protecting the prince, but some things happen there and off Veridis goes fighting stuff because of stuff. And I'm not sure what is going on with Nathair at this point. I'm thinking all kinds of people in this book are being possessed by stuff. <--I love saying stuff!

Brina is a healer and she's cool. I love her crow, Craf too.

Like I said there are many characters in this book I liked and loathed. I haven't named them all. There is just too much and you should just read the book if you love epic fantasy books! I am anxious to read the next books because I don't know who else is going to die! God, it's like reading Game of Thrones or watching The Walking Dead! I'm going to start hating everything and everyone because if you like them even a little bit they will die. I think I mentioned that before but still. lol

Anyway, read it, enjoy it, rage with it and move on . . . .


GOODREADS REVIEW:

  https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1395785060

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Malice-Faithful-Fallen-John-Gwynne/dp/0316399736/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477257937&sr=8-1&keywords=malice+john+gwynne

2 comments: