Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Haunting The Deep by Adriana Mather

The Titanic meets the delicious horror of Ransom Riggs and the sass of Mean Girls in this follow-up to the #1 New York Times bestseller How to Hang a Witch, in which a contemporary teen finds herself a passenger on the famous “ship of dreams”—a story made all the more fascinating because the author’s own relatives survived the doomed voyage.

Samantha Mather knew her family’s connection to the infamous Salem Witch Trials might pose obstacles to an active social life. But having survived one curse, she never thought she’d find herself at the center of a new one.

This time, Sam is having recurring dreams about the Titanic . . . where she’s been walking the deck with first-class passengers, like her aunt and uncle. Meanwhile, in Sam’s waking life, strange missives from the Titanic have been finding their way to her, along with haunting visions of people who went down with the ship.

Ultimately, Sam and the Descendants, along with some help from heartthrob Elijah, must unravel who is behind the spell that is drawing her ever further into the dream ship . . . and closer to sharing the same grim fate as its ghostly passengers. @goodreads 












First off I think I need to be in the right mindset for these books. I gave the first book 2 stars but I think I will re-read it because I don't think I did the first one justice and maybe not even this second book. Sometimes your mood can ruin a book and not the book itself. 

I felt I enjoyed this book a little better because the supposed mean girls in the first book are friends with Sam in this book. 

The girls practice magic even though Sam doesn't really want to but sometimes you have to in the world they are dealing with. 

This book centers around the Titanic. 

photo by OceanGate



 The school has a theme for the dance and it's the Titanic. So anything related to clothes, tickets, etc. takes Sam onto the actual Titanic. Then the other girls start having some issues with the Titanic. 

Of course there is something very wrong with this picture and the girls have to find out what is going on. 

I'm not sure how I feel about the relationship with Sam, Jaxon and Elijah. I don't like love triangles but it seems Sam might have made her decision, but one can never really tell. Also, how cool would it really be to have a ghost for a boyfriend =) 

Happy Reading. 

Mel ♥ 

*I would like to thank BloggingForBooks for a print copy of this book.*


No comments:

Post a Comment