Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, February 4, 2019

Trapped by Amanda Byrd

I'm a monster. A literal monster. But I'm a "good" kind of monster. You know, like the serial killers who kill the drug dealers, rapists, and general scum of the earth.

The difference between those serial killers and me? I'm only part human; two-thirds of me is werepire. That's right, werewolf and vampire. It's not fun, but I make due. I'm also a therapist; the one these scum pay to... talk to. I listen, sure. But then I have my own personal brand of justice. It gets messy, so if you plan to stick around, might I suggest you wear a rubber suit?

From the back cover:
I'm stuck - stuck in this body with two blood-hungry beasts who happen to be relatively clueless to what being human means. Luckily, I still have that part of me, too. I realized a while ago what happened to make me this way and now I'm on a mission to find a cure without killing myself in the process.

I also may have the opportunity to buy a castle in England complete with gargoyles. Am I going to? You bet I am! But while I was there, I gained a follower of sorts - a watcher. I don't know who it is or why, but my monsters inside are helping me to figure it out. The watcher even followed me home - I feel them.

At least I can get back to helping my patients and finding that cure to rid myself of this werepireism. How will I ditch the watcher before they out me for the monster I truly am?








I picked this book from Netgalley because of the cover and the description! The cover is freaky cool and how cool would it be to read about a human/werewolf/vampire?!


So here I am, three months later, a werepire, yet still part human and doctor. Okay, fine, I am not a doctor in the sense that you come see for a physical or something like that. I am a psychotherapist, also knows as a psychologist. I get to help patients work past their insecurities, anxieties, and other issues all while being two-third monster, mentally and physically.


Of course, since then I have found you can get this on Kindle Unlimited so there you have it.

Anyhoo, at first I was all over the place at how I wanted to rate this and how I felt about the book. I went from 3 to 2 and back to 4 stars. There are some annoying things with the main character but overall it won me over; mostly due to the fact that she has gargoyles (real ones) and she takes out mostly evil people. AND the werewolf/vampire thing. I mean I want to be a werewolf myself, but I digress.

This is a bit gruesome when she's killing someone so take that in mind if you don't like that kind of stuff.

There is a good bit of snark and just regular times which I found fun!

*And thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for a copy of this book!*


Happy Reading! 

Mel ♥

GOODREADS REVIEW  

AMAZON REVIEW 



No comments:

Post a Comment