Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, July 27, 2015

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

One day Han Alister catches three young wizard setting fire to the sacred mountain of Hanalea. Han takes an amulet away from Micah Bayar, son of the High Wizard, to ensure the boy won't use it against him. The amulet once belonged to the Demon King, who nearly destroyed the world a millennium ago. With a magical piece so powerful at stake, Han knows that the Bayars will stop at nothing to get it back.

Meanwhile, Princess Raisa ana'Marianna has her own battle to fight. She's just returned to court after three years of riding and hunting with her father's family. Raia aspires to be like Hanalea, the legendary warrior queen who killed the Demon King and saved the world. But it seems that her mother has other plans for her-plans that include a suitor who goes against everything the Queendom stands for.

The Seven Realms will tremble when the lives of Han and Raisa collide in this stunning page-turner from best-selling author Cinda Williams Chima. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1319948018

I loved this book! I'm very excited about this series. It's off to an awesome start!

I love most of the characters in the book. The two main stories revolve around Han and Raisa. Han is a poor boy that lives in the towns outside of the kingdom. He has some kind of cuffs that are around his wrists and I wonder what these could be there for?... He does his best to take care of his mom and sister. At one time he was the leader of a gang, but he saw the error of his ways.

Then you have Raisa who is a little bit of a brat, but I love that she takes her life into her own hands and also that she is a princess of the Gray Wolf Lineage. She is to be a Gray Wolf Queen. Hells yeah, my favorite animal! :)

We have wizards, jerks that are guards, gangs, more jerk wizards. I just think it's a great book.

I love Raisa's dad who doesn't live at the castle. That is a whole other story you will have to read about yourself :) I love her best friend Amon, who has become a queen's guard like his father, and they don't like the corrupt guards that are in there with them, but nothing they can do for now.

There are several wonderful characters in the book that I look a liking to, but I'm not going to list them all here.

I look forward to reading the other books this author has written in this series and any others as well.
   5 Stars




2 comments:

  1. I totally apologize if I am blind, but where do you put your star rating in your reviews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just write at the end what start I picked :) I have been underlining them lately but not on this one. I think I started some time after this one :)

      Delete