Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, November 11, 2016

The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid

A Diabolic is ruthless. A Diabolic is powerful. A Diabolic has a single task: Kill in order to protect the person you’ve been created for. Nothing else.

For Nemesis, that person is Sidonia, heir to the galactic Senate. The two grew up side by side, and there’s no one Nemesis wouldn’t kill to keep her safe. But when the power-mad Emperor summons Sidonia to the Imperial Court as a hostage, there is only one way for Nemesis to protect Sidonia.

She must become her.

Now one of the galaxy’s most dangerous weapons is masquerading in a world of corrupt politicians and two-faced Senators’ children, and Nemesis must find within herself the one thing she’s been told she doesn’t have—humanity. With the Empire beginning to fracture and rebellion looming, that could be the one thing that saves her and the Empire itself. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


I freaking loved this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



All the stars baby!



I love Nemesis! She is bad @ssed but a really good diabolic and their not supposed to have feelings, goes to show what they know. She is a lethal weapon but she never really liked what she had to do to learn some things. She had to be trained to kill with no hesitation so she could go out in the world and protect another with her life.

The convicts surveyed me, and after a moment, the largest of them broke into a leering grin. "It's just a little girl. I'll do it myself. Come here, girl." He stalked toward me. "You want this bloody or do I just break her neck?"

"Your choice," the Matriarch said.

His confidence emboldened the others and set their faces ablaze with the hope of freedom. My heart punched against my rib cage. I had no way to warn them away from me. Even if I had, they would not have listened. Their ringleader had declared me only a girl--and so that was what they saw now. That was their fatal mistake.

The big one reached down to grab me very carelessly, his hand so close that I could smell his sweat.

The smell triggered something within me. It was the same as every time before: the fear vanished. Terror dissolved in a swell of rage.

My teeth clamped down on his hand. Blood spouted, hot and coppery. He shrieked and tried to pull back--too late. I seized his wrist and threw myself forward, twisting his limb as I went. His ligaments crackled. I kicked at the back of his leg to knock him down to the ground. I leaped over him and landed with a stomp of my boots on the back of his head. His skull splintered.


Needless to say it didn't go well for the other two convicts and Nemesis found her a new home to protect, Sidonia, heir to the galactic Senate.

Sidonia and Nemesis grew up together. Some things happen and then Sidonia's dad does something stupid and other things happen and the evil Emperor wants Sidonia to come to the Imperial Court. Donia's mother has a plan to send Nemesis in her place as no one really knows what anyone looks like through-out the galaxy, they use avatars and what not to talk to each other. They have to train Nemesis to be like a human and they do some drastic and narly stuff to her body.

When Nemesis arrives she seems to pull it off very well and befriends Neveni a girl from another planet. Seems like the evil Emperor has summoned a lot of heirs and important people to the Imperial Court.

Then something horrific happens and Nemesis wants to go off on a rampage. But <--she is stopped and saved by the heir of the evil Emperor. His name is Tyrus and I love him and love him and love him. He's the crazy mental relative that no one pays much attention to and he saves Nemesis and things happen and holy crow!!!!! I love him and Nemesis and I love this book and I loved Deadly (<--read the book) and I loved Neveni. Okay so I loved a lot and this book was amazing and I want more, is there going to be more?

Oh, and I see in some blurbs this book compared to other stuff and NO, it's not like other stuff. It's way better than some of the stuff that it's being compared to and I have no idea why it's even being compared to stuff like that but anyway, this is an awesome sci-fi book and I loved it and I do not care what anyone else thinks =)


 :

This should be made into a movie. A GOOD movie!! 

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1807593631

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Diabolic-S-J-Kincaid/dp/1481472674/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478902569&sr=8-1&keywords=the+diabolic

No comments:

Post a Comment