Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig

Before there was Santa Claus, there was a young boy who believed in the impossible. . . . Lemony Snicket meets Elfin this warmhearted Christmas caper.

Eleven-year-old Nikolas nicknamed Christmas has received only one toy in his life: a doll carved out of a turnip. But he's happy with his turnip doll, because it came from his parents, who love him. Then one day his father goes missing, and Nikolas must travel to the North Pole to save him.
Along the way, Nikolas befriends a surly reindeer, bests a troublesome troll, and discovers a hidden world of enchantment in the frozen village of Elfhelm. But the elves of Elfhelm have troubles of their own: Christmas spirit and goodwill are at an all-time low, and Nikolas may be the only person who can fix things if only he can reach his father before it s too late. . . .
Sparkling with wit and warmth, A Boy Called Christmasis a cheeky new Christmas classic-in-the-making from acclaimed author Matt Haig and illustrator Chris Mould. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


 :

OMG! OMG! OMG!



Okay, so I got this audio version through the BLOGGING FOR BOOKS program! Thank you!

I very rarely listen to audio books any more because I just don't remember things and can't spell very well. I actually thought this was the hardback, BUT <--- I loved it because the narrator is STEPHEN FRY! I love Stephen Fry and he narrates perfectly!


 :

I loved Nikolas and his story! It's funny and sad!

The story talks about what happened to Nikolas mother which I'm not going to tell you. And about his father being a woodcutter but taking off one day with a band of peeps to go find elves. He leaves Nikolas with his horrible aunt until one day Nikolas and his little mouse friend head out in search of his father.

They run into a reindeer that is hurt and after fixing him up the reindeer joins their journey. And no, it's not Rudolph. I'm not telling you!

When they finally get to Elfhelm they find out that things are not as they should be. The elves are in a state, an elf child was stolen and some bad things are going on all around.

Then eventually all good things start to happen (well not a couple of parts, but I digress) and the book finishes up with how Santa Claus became to be. I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!

There are parts about going to the loo and poo that are quite funny. I just had to mention that!

And...... because I saw how beautiful the pictures were when you look inside the book on Amazon AND looking at all the pictures on google, um...I went to Book Depository and bought the box set! The box set has the hard back of both "The Boy Called Christmas" and "The Girl Who Saved Christmas." The cover of that book looks awesome too.


 :

I really loved the story this author wrote and I'm excited to re-read the actual book. I will doing another review when I do!

I leave you with some of the art work!


 :

 :

 :

 :

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! ♥

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1839197284

No comments:

Post a Comment