Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, February 13, 2017

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

When kingdom come, there will be one.

In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born—three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.

The last queen standing gets the crown. @goodreads


MY REVIEW

2 STARS 


My September Owlcrate Box! I wasn't sure I was going to read this book, but I am now of course :-)

 :

I didn't like much of anything about this book but the ending.



And NOT because it was the ending, I mean the ending was really good. I will get the next book from the library just to see what happens because some things that I thought might be happening did but in a different way <--- which only makes sense to me. AND there is the note of revenge! I love revenge and this person deserves revenge!!!!!!!!!! REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, a momentary lapse of reason.

I'm so glad that I wasn't alone in not really liking the book. I hate when I feel so alone. The book has people that love it or hate or in between. It just wasn't for me. I didn't much like anyone but Jules and Arsineo seemed nice. Katharine I felt sorry for the whole time, BUT .... and Mirabella just ugg.

Anyhoo, I'm hope in the next book the REVENGE gets to happen. And uh, the other stuff I'm not telling you about. =)


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1762666669

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you weren't a fan. I personally loved it. In fact I ended up writing a regular review and a spoiler-filled discussion where we all give our predictions for what we think might happen next! Hope you like the next book better!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole :-) I'm glad you loved it. I hope the second book is better. I have a feeling it will be with that ending! :-)

      Delete