Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, August 7, 2017

White Fur by Jardine Libaire

When Elise Perez meets Jamey Hyde on a desolate winter afternoon, fate implodes, and neither of their lives will ever be the same. Although they are next-door neighbors in New Haven, they come from different worlds. Elise grew up in a housing project without a father and didn't graduate from high school. Jamey is a junior at Yale, heir to a private investment bank fortune and beholden to high family expectations. The attraction is instant, and what starts out as sexual obsession turns into something greater, stranger, and impossible to ignore.

The unlikely couple moves to Manhattan in hopes of forging an adult life together, but Jamey's family intervenes in desperation, and the consequences of staying together are suddenly severe. And when a night out with old friends takes a shocking turn, Jamey and Elise find themselves fighting not just for their love but also for their lives. @goodreads 




















I don't even know how to put this book into words. I'm sure there are so many words out there in the English language that I could come up with but I really don't know.

This is about Elise who came from no where but somewhere. This is about Jamey who came from money but learns there is something else in the world.

At first I thought this was just going to be a sex book after a few pages in, I mean yes, they have sex all of the time. Nasty, raunchy, make you aroused when you shouldn't be, sex. It's hardcore and too much for me at times.

Elise and Jamey live next door to each other. Elise lives with Robbie who is like a best friend to her. She takes up for him when the jerk, Matt, that lives with Jamey gives him trouble.



"Sure, yeah," Elise lights a Newport King. She stands to blow smoke in his face. "And if you ever get near my friend Robbie again, let alone make fun of him like I seen you do, I'll burn your motherfucking house down."


No holds barred. Elise is just that person. She's good people.

And there are some good people in the book as well. People I would love to meet in my lifetime. And there are others that are horrible, those you never want to meet.

This is a crazy journey that Elise and Jamey take together. I really thought Jamey was going to let her down. I thought he was going to blow her off after he got out of college. He didn't want to be seen with her at times, but things turn out in ways you would never believe.

If we could all have a dream come true . . .

Mel ♥

*Thank you to BloggingForBooks for a print copy fo this book.* 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2085625266

2 comments:

  1. Ohh great review, now I am most definitely am intrigued about this book by your review Melissa. I am so going to be this on my library tbr pile yup I have a library tbr pile as well. lol :D Thank you so much for the awesome post Melissa.

    ReplyDelete