Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, January 29, 2018

Godblind by Anna Stephens

The Mireces worship the bloodthirsty Red Gods. Exiled from Rilpor a thousand years ago, and left to suffer a harsh life in the cold mountains, a new Mireces king now plots an invasion of Rilpor’s thriving cities and fertile earth.

Dom Templeson is a Watcher, a civilian warrior guarding Rilpor’s border. He is also the most powerful seer in generations, plagued with visions and prophecies. His people are devoted followers of the god of light and life, but Dom harbours deep secrets, which threaten to be exposed when Rillirin, an escaped Mireces slave, stumbles broken and bleeding into his village.

Meanwhile, more and more of Rilpor’s most powerful figures are turning to the dark rituals and bloody sacrifices of the Red Gods, including the prince, who plots to wrest the throne from his dying father in the heart of the kingdom. Can Rillirin, with her inside knowledge of the Red Gods and her shocking ties to the Mireces King, help Rilpor win the coming war? @goodreads 

















I very much enjoyed this book. Well, some parts I had to gloss over because this is a Grimdark and has very cringe-worthy scenes. So this book is not for the faint of heart! Blood guts and torture!

I was thrilled to get this freaking awesome stained, signed and numbered edition of the hardback. I also got a lovely postcard sent from the author. Some authors are just so awesome ♥






There were several characters that I liked but damned if I didn't write down all of their names! Story of my life. I did write down Rillirin and Dom's names, although Dom is easy to remember. Dom found Rillirin and took care of her. He felt like she knew something, like she was meant to be there with him and his people. Well she did have a story to tell but it wasn't the one Dom was thinking.

I enjoyed Dom and Rillirin a great deal and hope everything goes well for them in the next book. That ending though.... I don't know!

There were other people in that band of people that I loved. Strong women and men.

I didn't like the other people so much as they had the Dark Lady Woman, whatever she was called. I just know I hated her and she put out some serious torture on peeps. I guess for an evil character she beats everyone I know!

The two sides are fighting one another while others are fighting and killing each other over the throne. It's crazy train.

In the book you're basically thrown into the story. There is no real world, you're just along for the ride wherever you may be with the person you're reading about. Oh yes, there are multiple POV's but once I got used to them it wasn't that bad at all. I liked the shorter chapters too. It helps when you have a tiny brain!

I'm really hoping to get the next book in the special edition, signed and number book as well because it looks amaze balls! Freaking awesome cover. We shall see.

God, I wonder what kind of torture of peeps and stuff will be in the next one. Like I said, I just skim over stuff like that if it gets too bad because I still like to read great stories. And I watch a lot of history type with that stuff in it so I'm used to skimming or averting the eyes if it's too much. Just know all of that if you're going into this type of book.

I don't do animal torture and unless it was in some of the parts with human torture I skimmed over, there wasn't anything like that so kudos (I think)

Anyhoo!


Happy Reading!

Mel ♥


GOODREADS REVIEW 


No comments:

Post a Comment