Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, October 19, 2018

Halloween the Movie! First mark off my after cancer list!


So, I made this list like they told us to do for after cancer treatment. They said do something great, do something you haven't done in a long time or do something you have wanted to do. In my case with mental illness it has kept me home bound for years and I haven't seen a moving since before 2008. But when you fight cancer and have to worry all of the time if it's going to come back and every check up is a night mare (next check in November!) then you want to try a few things. 

My first thing was to go stand in the water at Red Clay but things never seemed to work out and me and dad left it too long so it's too cold to stand in the water. I hope I'm still around to do it when it's warm. 

NEXT! I had for me and mom to go see one of my favorite movies of all time: Halloween! Now yesterday we did a mini shopping spree which just about wiped me out, nevermind the agoraphobia and panic! My damn pain from arthritis and I'm assuming extra arthritis pain from chemo and radiation just about took me out of the running. So we got home and I told her I think trying to go see Halloween is going to be too much for me. This of course bummed me out because it would be two things off my list that I wouldn't get to do. NOTE:  I did enjoy the shopping because I got some bags of goodies (for Halloween) to take to the cancer patients where I got chemo and got them some Christmas stuff for when I go back in December. I have a port cleaning and bloodwork next week and I should have the same in December so it all works out. 

Anywayyyyyy..... I got up this morning and kept saying to myself to go to the movie. Push myself to go. I called the theater at 8:36 and talked to the manager and they were very kind and said if something happened they would refund my money. (And yes, most theaters will answer that early because I had friends that were managers when I was younger!) I actually got to talk to said manager after the movie and they were super nice and was so happy I made it through the movie as well as me and mom. 

The above picture of me and mom is crazy because we can't work a camera and the poster was way above us and we didn't think to take a long distance shot where you could see us all. I shake my head! 

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the poster itself and inside the theater. 


We were in aisle G =)




It made my day when I saw Michael. 

I hope you all enjoyed my little trip down memory lane even though it was just this mornings memory lane. Lol. I did have to fight through some panic on and off but I made it and now I hope I don't get sick, but you guys saw my big mask and I had stuff for my hands. 

I will add more things as I go a long. 

Love, 

Mel ♥

5 comments:

  1. I’m SO proud of you Mel!! xoxo
    ❤️, Donna Weiss aka BookDragonGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love =) xoxo

      Melissa ♥Dog/Wolf Lover♥ Martin

      Delete
  2. Wow that was quite a step. Glad you saw and liked the movie. 🙌🏼

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you got to see the movie with your mom and all went well. You're so strong, Mel! I'm so proud of you and glad things are getting better for you. Thinking of you and I have you in my prayers. ❤��❤�� Mischenko

    ReplyDelete