Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, November 2, 2020

The Invisible Life Of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

 



A Life No One Will Remember. A Story You Will Never Forget.

France, 1714: in a moment of desperation, a young woman makes a Faustian bargain to live forever and is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets.

Thus begins the extraordinary life of Addie LaRue, and a dazzling adventure that will play out across centuries and continents, across history and art, as a young woman learns how far she will go to leave her mark on the world.

But everything changes when, after nearly 300 years, Addie stumbles across a young man in a hidden bookstore and he remembers her name.
 

 

MY REVIEW: 5 STARS

 

Blink, and the years fall away like leaves.




Adeline had wanted to be a tree.
To grow wild and deep, belong to no one but the ground beneath her feet, and the sky above, just like Estele. It would be an unconventional life, and perhaps a little lonely, but at least it would be hers. She would belong to no one but herself.




Day breaks like an egg yolk, spilling light across the field.




"Your freckles look like stars."
Addie smiles. "I’ve heard. My own little constellation. It’s the first thing everyone sees."




Live long enough, and you will learn how to read a person. To east them open like a good book, some passages underlined and others hidden between the lines.




"I don’t mean in normal, time flies way," Henry’s saying. "I mean feeling like its surging by so fast, and you try to reach out and grab it, you try to hold on, but it just keeps rushing away. And every second, there’s a little less time, and a little less air, and sometimes when I’m sitting still, I start to think about it, and when I think about it, I can’t breathe. I have to get up. I have to move."
(I feel you, Henry. I feel this way sometimes myself and I hate it and I try to escape myself, but I can’t. I have not felt good enough all of my life and I still do to this day, Henry. But maybe we are good enough. Love, Mel) 💕



His heart has a draft.
It lets in light.
It lets in storms.
It lets in everything.




Memories are stiff, but thoughts are freer things. They throw it roots, they spread and tangle, and come untethered from their source. They are clever, and stubborn, and perhaps-perhaps-they are in reach.




I don’t like all of V.E. Schwab’s books.
I wasn’t sure I ever would.
Then I found Addie
Then Henry



This story chewed me up
Spit me out

It touched me in so many ways I can not explain. But that’s the miracle of books.... they can save you and they can break you....

Mel ❌⭕️❌⭕️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment