Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Rememberers by C. Edward Baldwin

For 19-year-old Kallie Hunt, everyday moments began feeling all too familiar. She had a sense that she'd lived them before. But that was crazy, right? Deja vu. That was kid's stuff, right? Been there, done that, impossible. You got one shot at this life thing. One shot. You lived. You died. End of story.

But if that was true, then why would the government be interested in her? Why would priests literally be stalking her? How could a small town girl possibly have anything to do with saving humanity from terrorists and demons? And pray-tell, what does any of it have to do with her first love?

For Kallie Hunt, there would be no simple answers. Besides, nothing in life is ever really simple. Not good. Not evil. Not even love...

Rememberers, taking urban fantasy to a whole new level. @ goodreads


MY REVIEW:


https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1299304318

I won this book through a Good Reads First Reads Giveaway.

It took me some time to sort my feelings about this book. I almost gave it a two star rating but there are some good concepts of the book and I really hate giving low ratings unless I just really hate a book.

This book is labeled as an urban fantasy, which I do not believe it should be in this genre of books. I think this is one of the reasons the book kept throwing me off. It's seem more of like a theological thriller.

Kallie has what she these deja vu moments through out her day. Now I can't go into that too much without giving out some major spoilers and I'm just not going to do that. Kallie falls in love with Seth and the have a really different ending together than I would have thought in a million years.

So without giving out any clues as to who is what in the book I'm going to give a wide variety of what you will find in this book. You have Catholic priests, demon possession, reincarnation, terrorist plots, and psychics. I know I'm leaving some stuff out, but that is all I can manage at this point. I did like a few of the characters as well.

I want to try to read this book again at a later date with a different view coming into the read.

I would like to thank the author for a copy of this book. 
3 Stars



1 comment:

  1. Being a vampire has certain limitations, but it can also be a ton of fun. Your extra strengths and abilities can make you successful in almost every endeavor you participate in and before you know it the money and acquaintances will come streaming in. You can build wealth and gain prestige and notoriety and attempt things you may never have even considered as a human. One thing you will definitely have more of is time. Beef up your education and learn all you every wanted to. Travel the world to see things most people only ever see on TV This is going to be especially fun if you turned to share your life with one of us. Let us show you the wonders of the world. Learn new languages, go skydiving or scuba dive with sharks, visit the African safari. You no longer need to be scared of nature or wildlife – you will have become the worlds strongest predator. Have fun with it and your life as a vampire can be more fulfilling than you ever dreamed. Explore, experiment, experience and get excited. There’s a big world out there with lots to see and do and as a vampire, you can do it all. If your dream is to become a powerful person in life contact: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete