Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Down The Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison

A former girlfriend of Hugh Hefner describes how her years inside the Playboy Mansion went from a fairytale of A-list celebrity parties to an oppressive regime of strict rules, scheduled sex, and a total loss of identity, so much so that she even contemplated suicide. @goodreads 

MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 

I loved the book, but I loved The Girls Next Door! I have all of the box sets accept for the last one with the new girls.
 :

Bridget and Holly my favorites but it took me awhile to get to like Kendra, she was young and annoying at the time, most of us are when we are that young :-)

I loved Bridget the most because she was sweet and loved Halloween, my favorite time of the year! I loved Holly and I bought her socks she sold at the time, the freaking tube socks I kept trying to find forever. Damn, I should have took a pic of them on since I still have them :-D

I always thought Hef was just a dirty old man and a lech I'm sure when he was younger, but he has what all men.. well most men.. want, all the girls money can buy.

Every time I watched the show it was so much fun when the girls got to do things on their own, or have fun around the house without Hef involved. It seemed to me that a lot of times in the shots with Hef, everyone had smiles that weren't always genuine and I'm guessing if he was this strict man, I wouldn't have a smile either. I'm guessing you would have to get the multitudes of women drunk or on some kind of drugs to get them to have sex with you. Uggg, moving on, just the thought makes me sick.

I thought the book was great, it took me back to the days of watching the show and I think I will have to sit down and have a marathon now. There are a lot of people that love and hate the book. I don't see anything wrong with it, I felt the same way about a lot of things that were said, but that's my opinion and I don't care what anyone else things ;-) I have read other books where people are in some nasty situations and everyone asked them, "Why didn't you just leave?" Sometimes things are not that simple. Shit just happens. I was married to a drunk/part psycho for 5 years so I really don't judge how long it takes someone to get out unless you have kids and those kids are being hurt or your animals. Just no!!! And whether I like a person or not, I'm not going to judge them when they have issues or mental problems etc. You do what you feel like you can do when you can.

I loved that Mary stayed friends with Holly, well all of the girls I'm sure and I was so sad to hear of her passing from cancer. :-( She was such a nice lady.

But, I'm glad that Holly found her dream, not many of us can do that. She seems to have a great husband and a daughter and a son on the way :-) Congrats.


 :

Now, I wish Bridget would put out her own book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1314400310

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Down-Rabbit-Hole-Adventures-Cautionary-ebook/dp/B00N81I5SC?ie=UTF8&keywords=down%20the%20rabbit%20hole%20in%20books&qid=1459688480&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment