Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

King's Folly by Jill Williamson

The gods are angry.

Volcanic eruptions, sinkholes, ground shakers--everything points to their unhappiness. At least that is what the king of Armania believes. His son, Prince Wilek, thinks his father's superstitions are nonsense, though he remains the ever dutiful heir apparent to the throne.

When a messenger arrives and claims that the town of Farway has been swallowed by the earth, the king sends Wilek to investigate. But what Wilek discovers is more cataclysmic than one lost city. Even as the ground shifts beneath his feet, Wilek sets out on a desperate journey to save his people and his world. But can he do it before the entire land crumbles? @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


 :

Well, I liked this little..er...big medieval book! At first, like all books that have a lot of characters, I didn't think I was going to be able to keep up with all of the people, but that wasn't true. My little brain actually worked and remembered people, I can't spell all of them but that's neither here nor there!

King Echad of Armania is not a nice man and he does human sacrifices to appease the gods. At least he thinks he is....

The lands keep having earthquakes and sinkholes. I mean whole towns are falling into the sea or sinking into the ground, most of the people think they are sinking into the underworld.

In the beginning of the book the author sets up all of the people. I have some favorites. Prince Wilek who is trying to become the next heir to his father Echad, but he is in line with his evil brother Prince Janek, we find out just how evil he is later on in the book. Then there is Wil's other brother, Prince Trevn and I love him too. He's a nut and has a wonderful sense of humor. Trevn also gets a crush on another character I really like named Mielle, she is the honor maid to Princess Zeroah that is supposed to marry Wilek. Mielle is just like Trevn and I hope they are able to get together in one of the next books because they are perfect together.

There are some other people that want to take over, there is this witch women. And this poor girl named Charlon gets pulled into the chieftess little group and I feel sorry for her because she is trying to do good and has had nothing but hell all of her life. I won't go into her story, you can read all about it.

There are a lot of crazy things happening in this book but it's not too much that you get lost. Believe me when I say that because I can get lost in a book if too much is going on! Anyway, you have evil doings at the castle, people are not who they say they are, sacrifices and killings, death by sinkholes, magic and etc and so on.

I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to seeing what they are going to do in the next books because they all had to flee at the end!


*I would like to thank BethanyHouse for a print copy of this book in exchange for honest review.*

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1608408366

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Kings-Folly-Kinsman-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B012H101O4?ie=UTF8&keywords=king%27s%20folly&qid=1460577708&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

2 comments:

  1. Great review Melissa this is the first time I heard about this book and it looks and sounds absolutely amazing. I need too check it out and see if I like it or not. Thank you for your awesome post Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katiria! I hope you get to read it and love it like I did, the next one comes out in December and it has a beautiful blue cover. I really want to read it and see what's going to happen next :-)

      Delete