Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Before I Die by Candy Chang

After losing someone she loved, artist Candy Chang painted the side of an abandoned house in her New Orleans neighborhood with chalkboard paint and stenciled the sentence, "Before I die I want to _____." Within a day of the wall's completion, it was covered in colorful chalk dreams as neighbors stopped and reflected on their lives. Since then, more than four hundred Before I Die walls have been created by people all over the world. This beautiful hardcover book is an inspiring celebration of these walls and the stories behind them. Filled with hope, fear, humor, and heartbreak, Before I Die presents an intimate portrait of the dreams within our communities and a chance to ponder life's ultimate question. @goodreads 

















I have had this book for awhile. I got it from Book Outlet and I'm so glad I did, it made me feel so good to read about what this lady started all over the world.



The front and back cover of this book is beautiful. It looks like the walls that are out there in the world.

While looking for photo's from the book, I freaking found that we have a wall here in Chattanooga! YES! It's down the interstate toward downtown though. =( Most of my good friends on here know I have agoraphobia (fear of leaving the house) and my panic disorder causes all kinds of problems being in a car. It takes all I can to ride to my doctor's appointments. Luckily they are all about 5 minutes away. But, this wall will not be something I can handle to go and write on. Maybe that should be one of my goals, to make it to that wall. Here is a woman in Chattanooga getting ready to write on the wall.




From the link I read, our wall was revealed in June of this year (2017) and it was set up by Hospice and some others.

I decided I'm making my own wall, but inside a notebook. I think it is a wonderful thing to have and I want to write down any and everything. I thought about talking to dad about making one and putting it right in our front yard!

Here are a few pictures of some other walls.










This book was put out in 2013 (at least my edition was) so there are probably millions of these places that haven't been documented yet. I think they might have a website too. I would think so.

In this book is says there are over 200 walls created on 6 continents & 40+ countries. I think that is amazing.

Well, I was looking for an inspirational book and I found it ♥

Here is a little thing I made of a few of the comments on the walls.



Also, at the end of the book it gives you instructions on how to make your own wall. Getting permission, materials, stencils etc. I think it's perfect, just perfect.

Mel ♥


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2094292426

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing. Definitely adding this to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much =) I hope you enjoy it as much as I did ♥

      Delete
  2. Wow this is a brilliant idea, this is the first time I heard about these walls. I have to see online if there is any of these walls near where I live at. Thank you so much for the amazing post and review my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mel! First of all, AWESOME REVIEW!!! I am so glad I went went back to look for some of your reviews that I missed! I NEED to read this book!!! This is so awesome that they have these walls!! I should look on
    online and see if there's one near me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! That is truly incredible. I looked up about those walls, and there's a location close to me, so I might go see one in person! And I definitely want that book!!!

    ReplyDelete