Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world. @goodreads 











Damn it all! If every time I decided to have a snack, I picked up this book and it would be at a morbidly, graphic part of the book! Hence, said snacking ceased to exist! ๐Ÿ˜„

There were parts of the book that were a tad boring but overall I think it was great. There are also pictures through-out the book. I might add some later.

Audrey works with her uncle cutting up cadavers and doing gross stuff they do with trying to find out causes of death and what have you. Thomas is also a student that is learning as well. They both get caught up on trying to find out who Jack The Ripper was as one of the girls worked as a servant at Audrey's home. I think she was there for like a day, but still. Then it became a thing for Audrey and Thomas to find this mad man to stop the killings.

And I knew who the Ripper was in the first few chapters. The author added some things to try to make you think it was someone else. BUT. . .

I liked Audrey's uncle even though he was a bit nutty. Thomas grew on me. Audrey got on my nerves from time to time. Audrey's dad was nice but had a lot of sadness. And Audrey's brother, Nathaniel, I crushed on for a bit there. He wasn't in the book much but still.

The ending was completely sad and I really loved the way the author set it up. I have read other Ripper books whose ending was a big let down. The end of this book was sad AND morbid. The end, end was sweet and leads us into the next book!!! Yessssssss ๐Ÿ˜„

Mel ❤️





















2 comments: