Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, April 29, 2019

The Chosen by Taran Matharu

Introducing an epic new trilogy from Taran Matharu, author of the New York Times–bestselling Summoner series.

Throughout history, people have vanished with no explanation. A group of teenagers are about to discover why.

Cade is settling into a new boarding school, contemplating his future, when he finds himself transported to another realm. He soon discovers their new world is populated with lost remnants from the past: prehistoric creatures, ancient relics, and stranger still — people. Overwhelmed by his new surroundings, Cade has little time to adjust, for soon he and his fellow classmates are forced to become contenders in a brutal game, controlled by mysterious overlords.

But who are these beings and why did they choose these teens? Cade must prepare for battle . . . because hiding is not an option.






The Chosen turned out to be a bit crazier than I thought, a good kind of crazy though!

To be honest, I'm not sure if I dreamed I read this book because it was different to me than what the summary of the book says it's about. Don't get me wrong, there is some crazy universe these kids get taken to but what I read wasn't about a boarding school, it was about prison...... Am I the one that went to an alternate universe?

Anyway.. when Cade and some of the boys were getting transferred from the prison/boarding school??... they actually woke up somewhere else. When all of the boys finally come together I was thinking this was something like Mazerunner in a way but it went totally beyond that. I don't want to give out any spoilers but they are in some other universe? Planet? I'm not sure but it's crazy and I would have freaked clean out and died the first 5 minutes!

There is this Codex thing that follows them around and can only give them so much information. They find all kinds of stuff from different times in history, etc.

It's a fast-paced little game of what? I'm not telling you and I don't know all of the answers. But I am looking forward to what the end game is going to be with this trilogy because the thing/person/whatnot that have these boys, is freaky!


*I would like to thank Netgalley and the Publisher for giving me the opportunity to read this book.*

Happy Reading!

Mel
♥  


GOODREADS REVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment