Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Wilder Girls by Rory Power

It's been eighteen months since the Raxter School for Girls was put under quarantine. Since the Tox hit and pulled Hetty's life out from under her.

It started slow. First the teachers died one by one. Then it began to infect the students, turning their bodies strange and foreign. Now, cut off from the rest of the world and left to fend for themselves on their island home, the girls don't dare wander outside the school's fence, where the Tox has made the woods wild and dangerous. They wait for the cure they were promised as the Tox seeps into everything.

But when Byatt goes missing, Hetty will do anything to find her, even if it means breaking quarantine and braving the horrors that lie beyond the fence. And when she does, Hetty learns that there's more to their story, to their life at Raxter, than she could have ever thought true.







Because this cover is freaking everything!!



Holy Sh*t Snacks!

I need more answers right now! Where is book two; geez I just finish this book and need another one. I mean there has to be another one because of that ending!

So, this is told through two POV's; Hetty & Byatt. But there they have another best friend Reese who is very prominent in the book.

All of these girls live at the Raxter School For Girls. The school is on an island but it seems to be a fairly big island unless I missed something while reading so fast to get to the next page! The island has every type of wild animal on it as well and yes, that's a thing in this book.

The book doesn't lead up to the Quarantine, we learn about that in bits and pieces through-out the book. As you can read from the summary, there is a disease/virus (whatever) called Tox. Teachers and some of the girls have been killed by it. But there are those that have just been changed by it. What the hell is it? I know some of what it is but I'm not telling you. It makes me squirm though.

There are certain groups of girls that are picked to be on a team to go out and get supply boxes that are dropped for the girls from some peeps. You know, clothes, food, medicine, etc. But there are some really weird things going on. Now I haven't read the book "ANNIHILATION" but I have seen the movie and it does remind me a bit of that movie.

One day something happens to Byatt and she suddenly disappears from medical. She's just gone?! So Hetty sets out on a mission to find her along with Reese and they find some really messed up stuff.

There are a lot of bad things that happen to the girls in the school, but I will leave that for you to read about. Also, I have already pre-ordered this book!


*Thank you to Netgalley for a digital copy of the book for review.*  


GOODREADS REVIEW

3 comments:

  1. I love that cover and synopsis. I’m excited to read this one, so I’m glad you liked it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! You make me want to read this even more now!

    ReplyDelete