Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

 5 STARS 


BLOODY HELL, WHYYYYYYYY! WHY DO THE PEOPLE YOU REALLY LIKE HAVE TO DIE, THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES RIGHT?



I guess I might add some spoilers not really sure....

The Raven Boys and Blue are back!



They are all still trying to find Glendower, but they end up finding someone else that I really look forward to getting to know and see what this person is going to do. I will say they are related to Glendower and bat sh*t crazy but there are reasons for that!

They are also on the hunt for Blue's mother and father, they are underground... down below.. do you want to go?


"Queens and kings
Kings and Queens
Blue lily, lily blue
Crowns and birds
Swords and things
Blue lily, lily blue"


 :

Yeah, my randomness in this review is totally complete. I fell down the rabbit hole again on this one. There are some really awesome things going on and some sad and some other world. There are some new characters in the book, some evil peeps that I didn't like but they were funny and weird. I think there isn't much that isn't weird in this book, but it's an awesome weird!

The character I love the most that is new is named Jesse Dittley, he's like a million feet tall and he yells when he talks. He is hilarious!


She stood on the slanted porch with fourteen empty milk jugs and ten cats and knocked. It took a long time for the door to open, and when it did, a puff of cigarette smoke came out with it.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?"
She peered up at the man. He peered down at her. He must have been close to seven feet tall and was wearing the largest wife-beater that she'd ever seen (and she'd seem a lot). His face was mild, if surprised; the booming, Blue decided, was from chest capacity and not from malice. He stared at her shirt, which she had made from ribbons and soda can tabs, and then at her face.
"Excited to meet you, is what I am." She peered past him into the house. She saw more recliners than she'd ever seen in her life (and she'd seen a lot). Nothing hinted where she might have heard his name before. "Are you Jesse Dittley?"
"I AM JESSE DITTLEY. DID YOU EVER EAT YOUR GREENS?"
It was true that Blue was just shy of five feet and it was also true that she hadn't eaten her greens, but she'd done the research and she didn't think the two were related. She said, "I lost the genetic roll of the dice."
"DAMN STRAIGHT."


I could write about conversations with Jesse all day. He's awesome. The reason the gang comes to see Jess is that he has another part to the cave they have been investigating and they are going to try to get him to let them in to see it. And lets say things are messed up in said caves.

I really wonder where this is going to go in the next book which is coming out soon :-) The end of this book is another cliffie and your saying nooooooooooooooo don't do that, but yeah, we shall see what all is unleashed and what not in the next book.

I still don't understand a lot of things that go on in this book and I can't really pin point them, but I still love them.....how strange is that! Well, I'm strange so I guess that's the reason.. you know........

So if the author is going to keep making books for this series I'm going to keep reading them whether I totally know what is going on or not. I am really worried about what is going to happen to some of the characters with all of the prophecies and stuff, but can't prophecies be changed?




I hope The Raven Boys and Blue live on forever! 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1604525441

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Lily-Maggie-Stiefvater/dp/0545424968/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1460477349&sr=8-1

1 comment:

  1. I don't typically like dark/scary books, but I loved this one. The darkness was a necessary darkness, and as usual, Stiefvater got it exactly right.

    Zia
    You won't believe this Movers in San Antonio service

    ReplyDelete