Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sugar Skulls by Lisa Mantchey & Glenn Dallas

Welcome to Cyrene, a city where energy is currency and music is the lifeblood of its young citizens. Everyone lives on the grid, and the residents of the world’s largest playground are encouraged to pursue every physical and emotional pleasure imaginable.

Vee is the lead singer of the Sugar Skulls, an all-girl band that is Corporate’s newest pet project. Micah haunts the city like a ghost after an overdose of a deadly illegal street drug knocks him off the grid. When Micah and Vee forge an immediate, undeniable connection, their troubled worlds collide.

Trading concert stages for Cyrene’s rooftops and back alleys, they have to evade vicious thugs and Vee’s possessive manager as they unravel the mysteries connected to their dark pasts. And before the curtain falls, Micah and Vee will bring the city to its knees in their desperate bid for love, home, and a future together. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:


3 STARS 

 :

I love anything sugar skull related. I was so stoked when I saw the cover of this book and read the blurb about the all girl band, but unfortunately I was confused during a lot of the book. I didn't get a feel for a lot of what was going on.

I loved Vee and Micah as love interests though.

There is a lot going on with these people keeping people drugged up and what not so they can monitor them and make things all nice or bad if they want to... if I understood all of that correctly.

Micah is off the grid though and he has to be very careful to not get caught and get back on the grid.

There is a lot of drug use in the book and flashbacks of Vee being abused. I guess the drugs and nano's try and keep all of that at bay but you don't dare try to come down. Well, I guess you would want to come down and not be run by these people.

Oh and I have to mention the bands cat, they named it Little Dead Thing, but they didn't paint it up like a sugar skull or anything. That would have been horrible!

Anyway, I liked it okay and loved certain things, but that's just my opinion and we must make up our own minds :-D


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1416878276

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Skulls-Lisa-Mantchev-ebook/dp/B00ZIJNMTY?ie=UTF8&keywords=sugar%20skulls&qid=1460657525&ref_=sr_1_3&s=books&sr=1-3

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this one more than I did!! I also love sugar skulls! The cover and summary of this book are fantastic. It was too confusing for me though and I had to DNF this one. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I saw that on GR. I thought it was okay. I almost had a few times I thought I would dnf but I kept going. I liked Vee and Micah but it was so strange and to be honest, most of the time I didn't know what was going on. I love Sugar Skulls though!!! :-)

      Delete