Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

If you ain’t scared, you ain’t human.

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He’s surrounded by strangers—boys whose memories are also gone.

Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It’s the only way out—and no one’s ever made it through alive.

Everything is going to change.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

Remember. Survive. Run.@goodreads


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS


Okay so I saw the movie when it came to dvd and I loved it, but here is the faces I got when I said I hadn't read the book yet ↓



I know right? I loved the book. I will say I watched the second movie and didn't like it but I'm going to keep on with the books and see.

Welcome To The Maze!




Imagine, if you will, you wake up in some elevator thing and you have no idea what is going on or your past. You just end up in some place with a bunch of dudes that are calling you greenie until the next person comes up out of the ground. This is how Thomas came into this world. It would suck arse! But Thomas keeps getting vague thoughts and memories of people places and things. Not memories per se, more like feelings that he has been there before.

I loved so many of these boys and Teresa when she gets there. <--- part of that sentence didn't sound right, but I digress.

There seems to be one main jerk of the group and his name is Gally. He tries to cause a lot of trouble for Thomas and he does do something I will never forgive him for in the end. I will cut him down!

Anyway, so they have this little farming structure set up. Everyone has jobs like the crop keeper, or the cook, or the butcher, or runner and etc and so on.

At one point they bumped Thomas up as a runner because he saved some peeps and stuff. But you know I can tell you that I would be changing my mind after dealing with all of the crazy stuff in the maze. You have to run through and try to find new ways to get out and not get eaten. Here are two examples why I would not want to be a runner. ↓






But you have to do what you have to do I guess. And then some bad stuff happens and the whole group have to get out. Get out now!


Some more good and bad stuff happen and they end up finding the CREATORS, or JERKS in my opinion, and they are taken off to go on another mission of sorts.

Either way this book and movie was so amazing. Even if I don't like the rest of the series, I will always have THE MAZE RUNNER ♥


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1666922092

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Maze-Runner-Book-1/dp/0385737955/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1465919651&sr=1-1&keywords=the+maze+runner

2 comments:

  1. Ohh great review Melissa I absolutely love the books and movies of the maze runner trilogy but of course I love the books more! Lol thank you for your awesome post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katiria! It means so much to hear that. I hope I like the other books as much as the first one. I loved the first movie but didn't like the second movie as good, but we shall see ♥

      Delete