Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, June 24, 2016

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end.

Thomas was sure that escape from the Maze would mean freedom for him and the Gladers. But WICKED isn’t done yet. Phase Two has just begun. The Scorch.

There are no rules. There is no help. You either make it or you die.

The Gladers have two weeks to cross through the Scorch—the most burned-out section of the world. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Friendships will be tested. Loyalties will be broken. All bets are off.

There are others now. Their survival depends on the Gladers’ destruction—and they’re determined to survive. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


Here we go again!



Just when they think they are all safe and in a place where there is food and water and showers and bed... nope, doesn't last very long.

They wake up from their little safe place to all kinds of weirdness, dead people hanging from the ceiling, cranks (crazy sick people) trying to get in the windows, Teresa gone and replaced by a boy named Aris, and other stuff.

THEN, they get locked in a room and when they are allowed out all of that stuff is gone and things are changed. Then after a rest and what not, some dude sitting at a desk behind a glass wall shows up. He's just reading like nothing is going on while the boys gorge themselves on food. I mean what the..... Then he starts telling them about the next trial, like the first one wasn't enough.


EXCERPT

"It's simple, really," he said, his tone so matter-of-fact one would think he'd just given them instructions on how to turn on the showers in the bathroom. "There are no guidelines. You have few supplies, and there's nothing to help you along the way. Go through the Flat Trans at the time indicated. Find open air. Go one hundred miles, directly north, to the safe haven. Make it or die."


And some do die. They have to go through more crap like metal balls taking off their heads, freak lightening storms, crazy people with their noses cut off, people trying to kill them, a few more monsters. You know, the run of the mill kind of stuff.

I don't know. I sat here trying to figure out what to rate it and I finally went with 4 stars because I still love most of the characters. Minho is my favorite. I just want to find out what is going on and I guess I will have to wait until the end book. Arggggg.. although WICKED did show up a few times in the book, but they are still secretive and I want to smack them!


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1668460150

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Scorch-Trials-Maze-Runner-Book/dp/0385738757/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1466767517&sr=8-2

2 comments:

  1. Great review I am glad and happy you are really enjoying the maze runner trilogy. I know this trilogy is not for every one but I absolutely love it. Thank you for your awesome post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katiria :-) You are very sweet ♥ I love it so far. I have the box set with all four books. They have that prequel book in the set. I hope it's good too when I get to it :-)

      Delete