Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, May 19, 2017

City of Miracles by Robert Jackson Bennett

Revenge. It's something Sigrud je Harkvaldsson is very, very good at. Maybe the only thing.

So when he learns that his oldest friend and ally, former Prime Minister Shara Komayd, has been assassinated, he knows exactly what to do and that no mortal force can stop him from meting out the suffering Shara's killers deserve.

Yet as Sigrud pursues his quarry with his customary terrifying efficiency, he begins to fear that this battle is an unwinnable one. Because discovering the truth behind Shara's death will require him to take up arms in a secret, decades-long war, face down an angry young god, and unravel the last mysteries of Bulikov, the city of miracles itself. And perhaps most daunting of all finally face the truth about his own cursed existence. @goodreads 












Well shit . . . .



I really didn't want to cry today. Thank you book, thank you Robert Bennett.

First off I wish I would have went back and read the first and second book so I could have been totally immersed in the world. But, it's okay it was perfect just the way it was and it ripped my heart out.

It started with some crying in the beginning when Sigrud found out that Shara had been killed. (it's not a spoiler, read the summary).



Dead. Dead.
He shakes himself, trying to compartmentalize it. He feels tears on his cheeks and shakes himself again.
She can't be dead. She simply can't be.


Sigrud goes on the hunt for Shara's killer. He wants revenge, he wants them dead.

Sigrud finds out that someone is targeting the Divine Children and he must protect Shara's daughter, Taty.

Sigrud has help from different people in the book and Sigrud is just bad to the bone himself. I love him so much.

This was a remarkable journey. These books were just so amazing. The world was beyond amazing. I'm really at a loss for words. The ending of this book was both happy and so freaking sad that I'm still crying. Yeah, I know. How can that be? It just is, read the book. Start with the first book because you really need to read them all to understand what's going on in this world.

I'm hoping to re-read this trilogy this year but I don't know if I want to make it through that ending again so soon. There are just books and characters and things that you love so much and it really packs a punch when things happen. At least to me it does and sometimes happy endings are not so happy. What would be the meaning of reading a book if you didn't feel a thing. . . .


*I received a print copy of this book through BloggingForBooks.*


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1887069084


No comments:

Post a Comment