Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, May 19, 2017

The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

The year is 1771, and war is coming. Jamie Fraser’s wife tells him so. Little as he wishes to, he must believe it, for hers is a gift of dreadful prophecy—a time-traveler’s certain knowledge. Claire’s unique view of the future has brought him both danger and deliverance in the past; her knowledge of the oncoming revolution is a flickering torch that may light his way through the perilous years ahead—or ignite a conflagration that will leave their lives in ashes. @goodreads 












And the story continues.

 :

Listening to these audio books back to back, they are starting to run together. I think I mentioned this before, but it's like one big, ongoing Outlander movie or something. I don't know if what I listened to was something from the other book or vise versa.

Here's what I know. Everyone is living together at Fraser's Ridge. Jamie gets called into the army by the Governor and Roger is with him. There is some fighting but I think there is more to come.

And sweet baby Jesus, if Roger didn't go through hell. I mean he did do something stupid. I thought it was stupid. You can't do that stuff back in the day, you could hardly do it now. But, when he saw someone he knew he should have just waved and went on about it. But no, he has to be an idiot and go over and talk and what not, in the middle of people wanting to start a war. Then it just gets horrible from there. Luckily a man came and got Jamie and Bree and Claire in the nick of time to save him. They thought he was dead and my heart was on the floor until finding out he was still barely alive. At this point I would have been thinking, the hell did I come back to this damn arse time in history. Alas, it took some time but Roger got better.

And that slimy Stephen Bonnet is still out there somewhere and they can't seem to get their hands on him. And now there is another person they need to beat down, William MacKenzie. And of course he's kin so the hell.

I remember listening a lot about all kinds of babies and goats and horses and craziness and funny stuff. At one point I didn't who what freaking kid belonged to who!

And Ian, he comes home with wolf, Rollo. =)

This book was a massive tome to get through but listening to the audio with the wonderful Davina Porter narrating is wonderful. She does the best job, ever!

You would think a book that just goes on about random stuff during the majority of the book would be boring but I they aren't to me. There is just something about them. And I'm still so happy to know that Jamie and Claire still love each other as much as they always have. I still really wish they didn't miss 20 years together though. It still gets to me, but I digress.

Now, onto the next . . . .


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1993563773


2 comments:

  1. I still really wish they didn't miss 20 years together though. It still gets to me, but I digress.

    SAME.

    ReplyDelete