Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Heart Of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson

Held captive in the barbarian kingdom of Venda, Lia and Rafe have little chance of escape. Desperate to save Lia's life, her erstwhile assassin, Kaden, has told the Vendan Komizar that she has the gift, and the Komizar's interest in Lia is greater than anyone could have foreseen.

Meanwhile, nothing is straightforward: There's Rafe, who lied to Lia but has sacrificed his freedom to protect her; Kaden, who meant to assassinate her but has now saved her life; and the Vendans, whom Lia always believed to be savages. Now that she lives among them, however, she realizes that may be far from the truth. Wrestling with her upbringing, her gift, and her sense of self, Lia must make powerful choices that will affect her country... and her own destiny. @goodreads 













Well, first off this love triangle thing needs to stop because it's getting on my nerves but I'm hoping it has fizzled out for the last book.



The next thing. That ending =( I mean there was one good part that probably will be one of those, we were kidding moments, but there was a really sad part and I don't like it.

Lia was so tough as nails in this book. I mean there as one part where she had a moment but it was to be expected. But ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm really hoping she got her revenge.

Lia and Rafe are prisoners in Venda. Kaden is trying to keep Lia safe from the Komizar < --- big jerk.

And we get to find out all kinds of little secrets about Lia. I'm really hoping the author is going somewhere cool with this!

And some new characters I fell in love with, mostly Aster, she was a precious little girl. I still love Eden because of things and just so many others.

I really hope things end up being okay with everyone in the last book. I just don't know. I'm going to tiptoe my way into the next book......


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1254516539


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great read! I also really hate love triangles...I can't wait to see your thoughts on the next book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the trilogy so far. I'm going to try to slowly read the last one a long with some other books. I'm afraid of what's going to happen!

      Delete