Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas

In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king's champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien.

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass--and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world. @goodreads 











Re-Read and I loved it just as much as the first time around



Yes, I have multiple books and bookish things of some of my favorite authors. You should see my Harry Potter stuff =) ↓
 :

I listened to the audio this time. It took a minute to get used to the narrator but I finally got settled in with her.

I love Celaena Sardothien. She was taken from Endovier (the death camp) and brought to the castle to fight with other Champions. If she wins then she has to kill for the King for 4 years and then she is free. I have a feeling that's not to be. Prince Dorian is the one that chose her as his champion to fight against the others. Celaena is being called Lady Lillian because they don't want anyone to know who she is, since she is a bad @ssed assassin.

I loved and still to this day love Chaol. But, I never liked the fact that Dorian and Celaena shared a few kisses. Ewww, I just don't like Dorian that way. He's like a best boy friend. I do love that he gave Celaena a dog she named, Fleetfoot =)

I mean Calaena loves books and dogs and she's an assassin. How awesome is that. Oh, and the part where Prince Dorian picked up one of the steamy books she had been reading. Lol


"Sunset's Passions," he read, and opened the book to a random page to read aloud. " 'His hands gently caressed her ivory, silky br---' " His eyes widened. "By the Wyrd! Do you actually read this rubbish? What happened to Symbols and Power and Eyllwe Customs and Culture?"


Boys =)

I loved the champion, Nox, he was a friend to Calaena even though they were not supposed to be friends. I'm glad they were friends.

But . . something is killing off the champions in very narly ways. We do finally find out what it is and it just figures. That's all I'm going to say.

I loathed Cain, one of the champions, and Kaltain, an evil woman that was up to no good as well.

I loved Nehemia, she's from another kingdom and there for her own reasons. Nehemia and Calaena become best friends. And I loved Elena, she's a ghost of someone. But who? Not saying.

Anyhoo, still love the book =)






**********OLD 2015 REVIEW**********


I have a new hero!! She bad to the bone! Assassin Celaena Sardothien! She's the toughest assassin around and she loves books and plays the pianoforte. Imagine that :-)

I really liked Chaol, the captain of the guards. I loved Nehemia, she is a tough princess in her own right and a great friend.

I'm very interested to know more about Elena and hope she shows up in the other books.

This was just an awesome fantasy book with a great cast of characters!!
 
 
GOODREADS REVIEW:
 






8 comments:

  1. Loved, Loved, Loved this book!!!! I love Chaol too!!!! I'm looking forward to to his book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sarah J Maas! I wish she was my best friend. Lol =) Rowan is my man - er - faye but I love all of the other guys as friends and girls as friends. I can't wait for the next three books! OMG!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this one as well though I haven't finished the series yet. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love it too =) I have read them all but the old Novellas book and the three books that still have to come out! I'm so excited =)

      Delete
  3. Great review. I just received this in the mail yesterday and I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Yay! I hope you enjoy it =) There is more action and things going on in the later books but I still love it =)

      Delete