Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Mask of Shadows by Lindsey Miller

Sallot Leon is a thief, and a good one at that. But gender fluid Sal wants nothing more than to escape the drudgery of life as a highway robber and get closer to the upper-class―and the nobles who destroyed their home.

When Sal steals a flyer for an audition to become a member of The Left Hand―the Queen's personal assassins, named after the rings she wears―Sal jumps at the chance to infiltrate the court and get revenge.

But the audition is a fight to the death filled with clever circus acrobats, lethal apothecaries, and vicious ex-soldiers. A childhood as a common criminal hardly prepared Sal for the trials. And as Sal succeeds in the competition, and wins the heart of Elise, an intriguing scribe at court, they start to dream of a new life and a different future, but one that Sal can have only if they survive.@goodreads
 
























Over half of my friends didn't like this book but I freaking loved it! There was only one little aspect I didn't like but it wasn't too bad.



Sal gets into the Audition to become the next Opal a particular assassin for the Queen. Sal has other plans, Sal wants to find out all of the people involved in killing everyone in Nacea.

This book is freaking awesome if you like assassins and people going around trying to kill each other and blood and guts and what not.

There are a group of these assassins and they all wear masks with a number on them. They are known as their number. They can kill each other during trials, during the night, pretty much any time accept while eating with their trainers and while in training. It's pretty cray.

Sal is already pretty experienced in fighting since Sal has from childhood and in street fights. Sal's also a thief and knows how to do other cool things that pertain to that. I love how Sal is just telling them all, I'm going to be the Opal and does what has to be done to not get killed in the process.

I wanted to smack someone at the end of the book though because of that little aspect I don't like about the book almost gets Sal killed. But, that's all I'm saying about that. It doesn't matter, I already pre-ordered the book on Amazon =)

Not only does Sal have to learn training in the different kinds of fighting, they give Sal a tutor to learn how to read and write. And no one can try to kill Sal while in study time. Lol. This book is great. Oh, they also learn about poisons and other ways to kill people. Yay!


*I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book.* 


GOODREADS REVIEW:


https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2047477813




6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty excited for this one, honestly. I haven't seen any of the negative reviews but I hope I really enjoy it! Great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a ton of negative reviews and I don't know why. One of my other friends on Goodreads read it after me and thought it was amazing too. I hope you like it =)

      Delete
  2. I've seen pretty mixed reviews on this one, but I'm happy you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people have lost their mind because this book is awesome. It's just the kind of book most of my friends love. Ah,things never makes sense. And thank you =)

      Delete
  3. Great review Melissa this is actually the first time I heard about this book. But it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic and very intriguing. Thank you so much for the awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dearest. =) I hope you like it when you get to read it!

      Delete