Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, June 17, 2019

COLORS OF CANCER 6/15/19 ~ I WALKED!


 
Hi guys! I told my friends on Goodreads I would share my walk in the Colors Of Cancer if I was able to do it. So, here we are! I would like to upload a video but I'm not going to attempt that. They had us survivors on stage and did a little thing but it's okay. Also, this is for all forms of cancer ~ mine was cervical cancer.

I did take like 41 pictures but I'm not adding all of those, just a few. I hope you guys enjoy them. It made my day that I was able to do this! I'm also very happy and grateful to some of my real life friends and some Goodreads friends that donated to my walk in particular. Love you guys and girls! ♥

This first picture is of me and dad before the walk/run. Dad has on the regular Colors of Cancer Shirt and I have on the Survivor shirt and sash. I also have one of the pretty shirts he has on.

 

 Here is a beautiful Great Dane that came out to support us cancer survivors and those still fighting. I wish I would have known, I might have brought my Greyhound Lucy and dressed her up =) I loved this guy though! 



Next is a picture of me signing my pinwheel, I couldn't think of what all to say so one of my friends started writing on it too. 


Here is me next to my pinwheel 


Next up we have some of us sitting on the breast cancer chair. It almost killed us getting up and down!!! 


Next is a picture of me and my friend that works at the radiation oncology. She's so wonderful to have as a friend, she keeps me going. I'm not naming names for privacy reasons. 


Next is me doing a little talk ON MICROPHONE with a sweet guy from channel 9


Next we have some pics me and dad and me and my friend took at a photo van. It was so much fun!


Here is a picture of one of two kids wearing capes for childhood cancer. Soooo sweet! 



Next is our team. 


Then we have me showing off my colors of cancer bracelets and being a fool! =D 



Me really being a fool with a new friend dad made with his family at the walk. I wish my friend took this as a live photo because she got me looking stupid. Omg! =D 


Next we have the 10K runners going before us walkers. 


 Next is me and dad by the water 


 Next is dad, my friend, me and another cancer friend from our cancer group. We are getting ready to start! =)


Next we have some pics of walking along. 











Me and dad across the finish line =D 



Me and my friend getting our Watermelon on! 


Here are us survivors on stage. 


And last but not least, here is a picture of my loot. I'm not adding any more pictures as I said there are sooo many. I had such a wonderful time and met more wonderful people. This was such a great time! I look forward to doing more of these walks! 



Thank you guys for supporting me! 

Love, 

Mel ♥

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great walk for such a worthy cause! I didn't know you were fighting the disease. All my best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words =) I will be one year cancer free on July 31, 2019 ♥

      Delete