Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, October 6, 2017

Warcross by Marie Lu

For the millions who log in every day, Warcross isn’t just a game—it’s a way of life. The obsession started ten years ago and its fan base now spans the globe, some eager to escape from reality and others hoping to make a profit. Struggling to make ends meet, teenage hacker Emika Chen works as a bounty hunter, tracking down players who bet on the game illegally. But the bounty hunting world is a competitive one, and survival has not been easy. Needing to make some quick cash, Emika takes a risk and hacks into the opening game of the international Warcross Championships—only to accidentally glitch herself into the action and become an overnight sensation.

Convinced she’s going to be arrested, Emika is shocked when instead she gets a call from the game’s creator, the elusive young billionaire Hideo Tanaka, with an irresistible offer. He needs a spy on the inside of this year’s tournament in order to uncover a security problem . . . and he wants Emika for the job. With no time to lose, Emika’s whisked off to Tokyo and thrust into a world of fame and fortune that she’s only dreamed of. But soon her investigation uncovers a sinister plot, with major consequences for the entire Warcross empire.
@goodreads 














I love Marie Lu, but I had a hard time with this book in the beginning. I felt like I wasn't really going to get into this book. I have to say it took almost until the end to really enjoy it. I'm not sure if it was my mood, that I wasn't really ready for a gaming book or what. Either way, I did enjoy it after I kept going.

What I want to know now, is that ending? What is going to happen in the next book? I mean who do you trust now?

It was pretty obvious to me right up front who the hacker in Warcross was that wanted to take out the creator, Hideo Tanka.

Emika Chen is a bounty hunter and a hacker. She hacked into the Warcross game and everyone saw her. Ooops. You put on these like sunglasses and get into the game and she jumped right into a tournament and stopped the game. Well, things obviously change after that because Hideo has sent for her.

Hideo pays off Emika's debts and hires her to find out who is hacking into this game. There is a killer among us. He puts her in the game as a player and it's all go from there.

So the supposed assassin came as no surprise but the things he said did. . . . Now I have to wait until the next freaking book to find out if it's all real or just another game . . . .

. . . .

Happy Reading!

Mel ♥


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2057469411

2 comments:

  1. I'm so undecided about this book, i have already read some great Reviews but i do not know if i will like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will. I thought I would like it more than I did. =(

      Delete