Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Lightning Thief ~ Illustrated Edition

Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school . . . again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus's master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus's stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.

This deluxe gift edition of the internationally best-selling first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, lavishly illustrated by series artist John Rocco, is a must-have for Riordan fans.







I just had to get the illustrated edition! It's so awesome! I will leave some pics below and I took them last night so they are not great shots. =)













There are A LOT more pictures as you can guess. Like I said, sorry about the darkish pics. I was taking them while laying in bed last night. Lol

Happy Reading!

Mel ♥

•••••••••••
First Reading

I am FINALLY getting around to reading this series.

 :

I thought the movies were okay, I do wish they would remake them and make them better, like the books =)

Poor Percy.

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.
If you're reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is: close the book right now. Believe whatever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life.

Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.

If you're a normal kid, reading this because you think it's fiction, great. Read on. I envy you for being able to believe that none of this ever happened.

But if you recognize yourself in these pages-if you feel something stirring inside-top reading immediately. You might be one of us. And once you know that, it's only a matter of time before they sense it too, and they'll come for you.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

My name is Percy Jackson.


Most people already know the story of Percy Jackson and how he found out he was a half-blood. How he ended up in a half-blood camp (almost didn't) How he beat a Minotaur and later on, many things.

I thought it was a fun read and I loved all of the different mythical creatures! That was so wicked cool!

Percy makes some good friends in the camp and they go with him to do a quest. He has been blamed for stealing something from Zeus, which he did not, so they have to set out to find who really did it. Other wise there is going to be some knock down drag out with Zeus and Percy's father (Poseidon) and others of course.

So they set out on this quest.

 :

They have to go have a little chat with Hades <-- fun times. They get attacked by many creatures of all shapes and sizes. They also get help from certain creatures and a pink poodle named Gladiola who ran away from home and doesn't want to go back but does so the kids can have some reward money. Wasn't that sweet!

 :

↑ Can you blame little Gladiola? I mean I love the color pink, but NO, JUST NO!

Anyhoo, I did want to smack the group a few times because of stupid things, but who doesn't do those from time to time. *raises hand* I loved when they saved the animals in the old truck they were riding in, Grover is awesome!

I look forward to reading ALL of the other 50 billion books in this ongoing Rick Riordan world! ♥
 


Happy Reading! 

Mel ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment