Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Gilded Cage by Vic James

Not all are free. Not all are equal. Not all will be saved.

Our world belongs to the Equals — aristocrats with magical gifts — and all commoners must serve them for ten years. But behind the gates of England's grandest estate lies a power that could break the world.

A girl thirsts for love and knowledge.

Abi is a servant to England's most powerful family, but her spirit is free. So when she falls for one of the noble-born sons, Abi faces a terrible choice. Uncovering the family's secrets might win her liberty, but will her heart pay the price?

A boy dreams of revolution.

Abi's brother, Luke, is enslaved in a brutal factory town. Far from his family and cruelly oppressed, he makes friends whose ideals could cost him everything. Now Luke has discovered there may be a power even greater than magic: revolution.

And an aristocrat will remake the world with his dark gifts.

He is a shadow in the glittering world of the Equals, with mysterious powers no one else understands. But will he liberate—or destroy?@goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

3 STARS 


I don't know how I really feel about this book so I'm going with the three star, I liked it =)


 :

I thought the book started out awesome and then I got a little meh feeling about it and then I got excited again so I'm all over the place.

I didn't much care for the parts with Abi and her parents and Kyneston, although I'm very interested to see where little Daisy, the baby and Gavar is going to go with their story. It was strange but interesting.

The parts I loved the most were with Luke at Millmoor. He was in one of the worst slave camps but there he meet some really cool people. Little Renie and Jackson ~ I loved them the most. They did all kinds of crazy stuff to help out the other slaves and to keep things real.

The thing is that the Equals run things and you have to give up 10 years of your life to these slave camps and then you can be free. Whaaattt? You can decide to go in when your young or at the end of your life, it's your choice, but once your in you don't even exist or matter any more. Luke and Adi's parents decided to go in and Adi took it upon herself to sign Luke and Daisy up to go too. Adi and her parents wanted to keep them all together so Adi got them a spot at the Kyneston where the Jardine's live. They are Equals and it's supposedly really comfy there. And for some reason, when they were getting picked up it showed that Luke was to go to the Millmoor place where it's hell. It all worked out. NOT

Anyhoo, the Equals have the Skills <--- that so doesn't sound right, where they have certain powers. Most of them are jerks as you can imagine. I said most of them!

There are some revelations at the end of the book that I should have seen from a mile away. Duh!

I am going to continue on with the series because I'm excited to see where this is all going with that ending and all of the cray going on
.

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1943493321

No comments:

Post a Comment