Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, March 10, 2017

Morning Star by Pierce Brown

Darrow would have lived in peace, but his enemies brought him war. The Gold overlords demanded his obedience, hanged his wife, and enslaved his people. But Darrow is determined to fight back. Risking everything to transform himself and breach Gold society, Darrow has battled to survive the cutthroat rivalries that breed Society’s mightiest warriors, climbed the ranks, and waited patiently to unleash the revolution that will tear the hierarchy apart from within.

Finally, the time has come.

But devotion to honor and hunger for vengeance run deep on both sides. Darrow and his comrades-in-arms face powerful enemies without scruple or mercy. Among them are some Darrow once considered friends. To win, Darrow will need to inspire those shackled in darkness to break their chains, unmake the world their cruel masters have built, and claim a destiny too long denied—and too glorious to surrender. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


I have to get this off my chest first. When I got halfway or a little more than halfway (hell I don't know) through the book I wanted to toss it!



and then I wanted to jump into the book with my clones and take them all out!



and then the way things were done and the way someone was ripped apart and then the ending I was like okay fine.


Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm not going to say what led me to all of these issues. <--- whatever you want to call them. I think I'm getting more picky with my books the more I read. I don't know, but things are getting to me and something will make me mad and the whole set of books will go to the trade in store box.

Moving on. In the beginning there is a good amount of torture that happened to one of our main characters. They were finally saved about a year later. I didn't like how was of the saviors was killed because of stupidity, but that is neither here nor there.

There was a death that I wasn't happy with at all and I would have traded that death for another in the crew, but that's neither here nor there either.

The ending was pretty sweet though, I mean I can't deny that and if you have read or do read the book then you will or know what I'm talking about. Pax. . . .

I wanted to slap about a million people just getting to the end game though! Accept Sevro, his wit made the book awesome. =)

I have to say again, the death of one of the evil people was sooooooooooo good. I could re-read that over and over! And the death of another evil person was pretty good too. No one helped them die <-- only the ones that have read this will know what I mean by that unless you forgot :-D

Either way, good ending. 


GOODREADS REVIEW: 

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1937050697

No comments:

Post a Comment