Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Defy The Stars by Claudia Gray

She’s a soldier.

Noemi Vidal is a seventeen years old and sworn to protect her planet, Genesis. She’s willing to risk anything—including her own life. To their enemies on Earth, she’s a rebel.

He’s a machine.

Abandoned in space for years, utterly alone, Abel has advanced programming that’s begun to evolve. He wants only to protect his creator, and to be free. To the people of Genesis, he’s an abomination.

Noemi and Abel are enemies in an interstellar war, forced by chance to work together as they embark on a daring journey through the stars. Their efforts would end the fighting for good, but they’re not without sacrifice. The stakes are even higher than either of them first realized, and the more time they spend together, the more they’re forced to question everything they’d been taught was true. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


Well I loved it and I'm glad I did because I'm tired of some of those pretty book covers pulling me in, but that is neither here nor there.

I love space books =) It's like my new thing that - uh - started last year. So, it's not THAT new but who cares.



In this book it would seem that Earth is a big ole arse hole. I mean they have set stuff loose on the galaxy and other things.

They are fighting with Genesis that is another planet that some humans came to live a long time ago. Apparently there are humans all over the place on different planets and it's all awesome. It would be more awesome if they would quit fighting with each other about stuff that makes no sense, but does it ever?

Noemi is just a girl but she's a soldier that is out in space fighting to save her planet, Genesis. And she is fighting these mechs that come from Earth. Were made by this dude on Earth I should say.

When Noemi is out fighting she can see her friend Ester is following a mech and she's in trouble. While trying to save her friends life, Noemi drags Ester's little fighter ship onto a deserted ship that is actually an enemy ship. But what is a girl to do, she has to take her chances. This ship is called the Daedalus and it turns out it has been deserted for 30 years BUT, it's not deserted. Dum, Dum, Dum <-- that was my lame excuse for music

Anyhoo, this is where Noemi finds an advanced mech named Abel. They try to kill each other at first and then Abel decides he's going to let Noemi be his new master. <-- there is something there for someone to catch but it will only be the really smart sci-fi peeps to break my code! Lol

Noemi and Abel end up going on this big ole adventure around the galaxy trying to stop some stupid thing Noemi's planet has set up to do. They also meet people, find out those revelations (gotta have them people), kill things, find out more revelations, and get in trouble here and there.

That about sums it all up. I'm not going to write a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, drawn out review because who wants that and my reviews make no sense anyway.

I just know that I love it and I look forward to the next books and ungth, the ending was really great but why......... I want everyone back together and getting on with it =) And your first kiss among the stars, sigh .
. .

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1908861090

No comments:

Post a Comment