Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, February 12, 2017

A Storm Of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Here is the third volume in George R.R. Martin's magnificent cycle of novels that includes A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings. Together, this series comprises a genuine masterpiece of modern fantasy, destined to stand as one of the great achievements of imaginative fiction.

Of the five contenders for power, one is dead, another in disfavor, and still the wars rage as alliances are made and broken. Joffrey sits on the Iron Throne, the uneasy ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. His most bitter rival, Lord Stannis, stands defeated and disgraced, victim of the sorceress who holds him in her thrall. Young Robb still rules the North from the fortress of Riverrun. Meanwhile, making her way across a blood-drenched continent is the exiled queen, Daenerys, mistress of the only three dragons still left in the world. And as opposing forces manoeuver for the final showdown, an army of barbaric wildlings arrives from the outermost limits of civilization, accompanied by a horde of mythical Others—a supernatural army of the living dead whose animated corpses are unstoppable. As the future of the land hangs in the balance, no one will rest until the Seven Kingdoms have exploded in a veritable storm of swords...
@goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


**OKAY, SPOILERS FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN'T READ IT YET**



Reading this was cray because I keep looking to see if I had read it before! I thought why is so much of this familiar. Then I thought, "Oh yeah, stupid, you own and have watched all of the current shows!" <--- I mean duh!

I was going to give this one 4 stars because it's the one where they kill more of the Stark's and wolf and I wanted to go in, turn into my own dragon and burn them all down!





but then . . .

THIS ↓




Oh happy day! Oh happy day! What joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





I love so many people on the show and in the books. But my favorites are:

1) Jon
2) Tyrion
3) Arya
4) Daenerys
5) Brienne
6) Sam
7) Sansa

in no particular order because I tried that one already.

In the book there were certain scenes I liked better than I did in the shows. I love the shows and I love the books so far. But, in this book there were more parts with dialogue that I really enjoyed. My favorite in this book were the scenes between Brienne and Jaime. I know, you didn't see that coming right? I mean you would think it would have been all the parts about Jon since he's my hunneh bunneh but nope. I liked his parts better in the show and nooo it's not because I can look at him in the show. Although. . . nevermind.




I just felt like there was so much more to Brienne and Jaime's time together in the book. I wished he would have quit calling her ugly and such though. Jerk, but they did seem to be friends of a sort at the end of their time and I liked that.

The things you miss in any book is the commentary in someone's head. Of course some I would rather not read about. But I really loved the parts where we could read Tyrion's thoughts about Sansa. They were sweet and true and sad in many ways.

Overall I enjoyed the book because of the parts with Joffrey dying. Bwhahahahaahahahahahahah!
And the parts with Brienne and Jaime. I loved all of my other characters parts but these were the highlight moments for me.

Or course you know when you get rid of one evil b•stard, along comes another one! 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1877770847


No comments:

Post a Comment