Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, February 20, 2017

Rise Of Empire by Michael J. Sullivan

A PUPPET IS CROWNED. THE TRUE HEIR REMAINS HIDDEN. A ROGUE'S SECRET COULD CHANGE EVERYTHING.

War has come to Melengar and once more Royce and Hadrian are hired to make a desperate gamble and form an alliance with the Nationalists whom are fighting the Imperialists in the south. As the power of the Nyphron Empire grows, so does Royce's suspicion that the wizard Esrahaddon is using the thieves as pawns in his own grab for power. To find the truth, he must unravel the secret of Hadrian's past--what he discovers may end their friendship and break Riyria in two. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


I grow to love Royce & Hadrian more and more as I read the books. These two characters are just so wonderful and I feel they fit together nicely as best friends and family.

 :

Even when one is mad with the other they just get it done and get over it.



"You ready?" Royce asked.
"For what?"
"Turn around. Let's go back-to-back and link arms."
"You're kidding. We aren't going to do that again, are we?"
Hadrian said miserably. "I've been sitting in cold water for hours. I'll cramp."

"You know another way to get up there?" Royce asked, and Hadrian shook his head. Royce looked up. "It isn't even as high as the last time and it's narrower, so it'll be easier. Stand up and stretch a second. You'll be fine."

"What if the guard is up there with a stick to poke us with?"

"Do you want to get out of here or not?"

Hadrian took a deep breathe. "I'm still mad at you," he said, turning and linking arms back-to-back with Royce.


•••••••

"Weapons?" Hadrian asked.
"I'll check the house. You see about getting horses."
"Don't kill anyone," Hadrian mentioned.
"I'll try not to, but if I see Luret--"
"Oh yeah, kill him."


In this book they are trying to help Arista get some things done, win some people over so they can fight the bigger enemy.

Arista put on her big girl panties and got down to the nitty gritty with the boys even though she's royalty and I loved her spunk and lovely attitude through-out the book.


"Just a few questions I thought you would be able to shed some light on," Royce told him. "Why don't we talk in your study while Hadrian and Arista get out of their wet things? Is it all right if we spend the night here?"

"Certainly. I'll have dinner brought up, although you picked a bad day; the kitchen is serving meat pies." He made a grimace.

Arista stood stiffly, feeling her heart still racing. She narrowed her eyes and glared. "I hate all of you."


There are some revelations that Hadrian learns about when they all go back to his homeland. Now he feels he needs to go on his own quest but he wanted to do something like that before.

Royce has his own mind set on a different life too and it makes me happy. BUT, they better not split up and they better keep going on in other books. And then be friends and hang out forever. lol

Some people I liked died in the book but that is a given.

Either way, I just love this book. I love the camaraderie between the boys. I love the other people that are in the books. Arista, Gwen, Esrahaddon, Modina and many more. There is a whole other part of the book dedicated to Modina but I didn't want to talk too much about her for reasons. I do wonder about her and if she's something else entirely.

Anyway, I loved the book!




I'm so hoping Michael J. Sullivan doesn't kill the boys later on! I always dread moving on to the next book for that fear! AND NO ONE TELL ME IF HE DOES, unless of course he doesn't then that's okay. lol

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1909305491

No comments:

Post a Comment