Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

In a kingdom by the sea…

In a secret world where half-angel warriors are sworn to fight demons, parabatai is a sacred word.

A parabatai is your partner in battle. A parabatai is your best friend. Parabatai can be everything to each other—but they can never fall in love.

Emma Carstairs is a warrior, a Shadowhunter, and the best in her generation. She lives for battle. Shoulder to shoulder with her parabatai, Julian Blackthorn, she patrols the streets of Los Angeles, where vampires party on the Sunset Strip, and faeries—the most powerful of supernatural creatures—teeter on the edge of open war with Shadowhunters. When the bodies of humans and faeries turn up murdered in the same way Emma’s parents were when she was a child, an uneasy alliance is formed. This is Emma’s chance for revenge—and Julian’s chance to get back his brother Mark, who is being held prisoner by the faerie Courts. All Emma, Mark, and Julian have to do is solve the murders within two weeks…and before the murderer targets them.

Their search takes Emma from sea caves full of sorcery to a dark lottery where death is dispensed. And each clue she unravels uncovers more secrets. What has Julian been hiding from her all these years? Why does Shadowhunter Law forbid parabatai to fall in love? Who really killed her parents—and can she bear to know the truth?

The darkly magical world of Shadowhunters has captured the imaginations of millions of readers across the globe. Join the adventure in Lady Midnight, the long-awaited first volume of a new trilogy from Cassandra Clare. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


Okay so I'm just going to put the ole spoiler beware up here because I think I'm just going to start spoiling on most every book I read so that I can talk to myself about it. Ya get meh?

 :

Okay so I loved, loved, loved that there were parts that had Jem and Tessa from The Infernal Devices in it. I love them and I loved Jem so much so it was really touching. I liked that it had some parts where Clary, Jace, Magnus and Alex were in it. Not so much as Jem and Tessa because they are just better to me.

I am absolutely in love with Mark, the half faerie half shadowhunter that was taken in the last book of the mortal instruments. He had to go to the faerie realm because of reasons and now he's back to try to help the Blackthorns and Emma find who are murdering faeries and such. If he completes this trial and they find the murderer then he can have the choice of staying with his family or going back to the Wild Hunt. <--- It's a faerie thing you can read about it.

Emma Carstairs, who is a distant relation to Jem (swoon), is living with the Blackthorns because Julian Blackthorn is her parabatai. Their uncle is supposed to be running the home/institute but it's really Julian and he also takes care of all his siblings. I loved all of them too. The only thing that got on my nerves was how many times they had to mention they were parabatai. I wanted to scream we know already. But, I digress.


 :

 :

But then they start falling for each other and that is forbidden. It's a LAW! And it seems for good reason as Jem states to Emma at the end of the book. Thank goodness. I really wanted Emma to end up with Mark because he's hot and he's a little wild like Emma. Then I thought he was going to want Emma's best friend Cristina. Then find out he's with some faerie dude. So, no I wasn't happy with any of this. But, the ending might lead to what I'm hoping for!

Emma is bad to the bone. She has trained since she was little. She really kicks arse and she's not a brat. I never wanted to smack her like I did Clary in all the other books. Emma is a tough warrior and does everything she can to help every one else.

Everyone is trying to find out about these murders. The little kids are doing research online while the others go out and look for clues. Julian almost dies when he gets shot with a poisoned arrow but Emma saves him.

Emma and Mark go out on their own on his steed and find more clues and kill some demons.

They also have a warlock friend named Malcolm, he helps out where he can. See none of them are supposed to be helping the faeries so it's all hush-hush. It's a law and they could get in trouble with the Clave after the Cold War 5 years ago when they set up some more laws. Sigh. They help anyway because the same markings that are on the dead were on Emma's parents when they were brutally killed. Plus, they want Mark back, if he wants to come back.

Turns out there some cult out there that put people in a lottery and if they are chosen they have to go kill someone. And there are reasons. They have a Guardian that wants this done for reasons and I didn't even see it coming when I found out who the Guardian was.... I can definitely understand the Guardians reasons for doing what they were doing. I felt sad for Emma when she found out and also glad because she killed the Guardian. Although, they will probably not be dead for real. They will come creeping back in the next book!

Speaking of the next book!




Something wicked this way comes! I'm going to assume there will be hell on earth because when you take an innocent person and do what they did to them . . . um, yeah . . . I would think the Kraken is going to be released! I can't wait to see =)

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1510315563

No comments:

Post a Comment