Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Iron Fey Includes Books: The Iron King & The Iron Daughter

The Iron King

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. But she never could have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about and stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face….

The Iron Daughter

Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, Meghan is now prisoner to the Winter faery queen. And as war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows the real danger comes from the Iron fey—but no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone could be deadly…. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


I loved these first two books! I wanted to add so many fantasy pictures to try to show what I saw in my mind but it would take weeks to find that kind of stuff. If only I could draw =)


 :

I'm going to do a short review of each book. Let it be known that I want Puck as my best friend only and I'm in love with Ash and I don't care what anyone else thinks =) Although, I have a million book boyfriends but that's neither here nor there.

The Iron King

I have a whole page of notes on this book that I don't even understand so I'm just going to muddle along and hope I get some of it right!

Meghan Chase lives with her mom, brother, dog (Beau), and stepdad. I was mad at what happened to the dog, I had to mention that. They all lived out in the sticks (which is a good place to live) but Meghan's stepdad wouldn't let her have things like a computer without dial up, cell phone, the norm
.

**I guess I should say some spoilers will ensue**

Meghan does have a friend named Robbie that has been her friend forever and a day. Turns out he's really Robin Goodfellow (Puck) who is from the Seelie Summer Court sent to watch over her all of these years.

Well, it seems now that she's at the ripe old age of what? 16, she's starting to see things. Turns out she's part human and part fey princess. Her dad is King Oberon of the Seelie Court. All kinds of cray starts happening and Meghan's brother Ethan gets stolen and taken to the Unseelie court, or so she thinks. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Puck takes her to Nevernever to find Ethan and bring him home. He tells her this is going to be a very terrible place for her and they might get killed but onward they go.

Holy crow! This world is packed full of everything! Satyr's, Dryads, ugggg, I can't list them all. It's just a wonderland <--- No pun intended. Accept when things are trying to kill and eat you then it's not so wonderful. But I mean the whole book is just rich with beautiful scenes and splendor and some blood and guts and handsome dudes and what not and so forth.

Anyway, Meghan meets her father and it's a little much to take in but there you have it.

Oh and before they get to the Seelie Court, Meghan gets to meet a certain cat named Grimalkin who reminds me of another certain cat in another story =) He helps Meghan out when she gets separated with Puck. But in this realm you have to make deals and contracts with everything and you better watch what you say.

Anway, back at the Seelie Court Meghan is trying to settle in and wrap her head around things and freaks out a bit when she looks in the mirror and she has the pointy ears =) She also finds out she has some pretty cool powers.

Then the Unseelie court comes for a visit and we get to meet Ash, although he was trying to kill Puck earlier so Meghan had already seen him before.

She spends some time with him through-out the book and falls in love. But she does that dumb arse kissing Puck stuff once in awhile in both books. I'm like like ew, just stop.

Then they find out that the Iron King has Meghan's brother Ethan! And the Seelie and Unseelie court are like, who the hell is the Iron King? We know of no such person. Welllllll, he's the reason your world is dying. Yep, their world is slowly dying. AND just being around any of the Iron people can kill the other groups. Iron is deadly to them, with the exception of Meghan, she's just too cool for all of that Iron can kill me stuff. (I did want to smack her and some other people several times, but I still love her tenacity to help others)

Meghan makes a deal with Ash to come with her, Grim and Puck to save her brother Ethan from the Iron jerk. This involves getting something from a dryad that can kill him because nothing else can.

We go on a whirlwind adventure and things happen for the good or so you think.

Either way I loved the first book! 


The Iron Daughter

So in the first book, Meghan made a deal with Ash that if he helped get her brother back home, she would go back to the Unseelie court with him. His evil old mother Queen Mab wanted to have her because she is resistant to iron and just because she's an arsehole too that I didn't like one bit.

Ash acts like an arse to Meghan too but he doesn't want his mother to find out that he's in love with her because she would kill them both or banish them or who knows what.

Note: Some evil beings in the book killed a wolf and a unicorn. I think they should be blown up for that act alone. Or ripped apart would be better. Now, back to the review.

Nowwwwwwww, we have Iron Horse coming out of the woodwork. He was a horse or dude when he wanted to be that was with the Iron King. But when The Iron King was killed, some fake person took over and Iron Horse wanted Meghan's help to try and set things right. And on we go on another adventure with the crew. Ash almost gets himself killed in this one but Meghan saved him.

They had to get him to a healer though and that was so much fun. She cracked me up the whole time. Then they were all going off to a party to try to get the sceptor back. Crap! I forgot to mention the sceptor That is the reason Iron Horse came back around was because the sceptor was stolen from the Unseelie Court and one of the Winter Princes and his wolf was killed. This sent Queen Mab into a rage and she blamed it on the Seelie Court and started a war. She wouldn't listen when Meghan tried to tell her the Iron peeps were back and they stole it. There is some other bad stuff that happened but I won't say.

Back to the party. (I'm going to quit reading two books in one because I'm all over the place worse than I normally am!)

They are getting ready to go through a portal or a thingy (I forgot what they called it) from the nurses house. She gets onto them to behave.



I didn't miss the subtle look that passed between Ash and Puck, either. Ash kept his expression carefully blank, but Puck's mouth twitched with a faint smirk-one of his dangerous ones-and his eyes narrowed a fraction.

The nurse must have seen it, too, for she clapped her hands briskly, and I jumped about three feet in the air. "May I remind you three," she stated in a no-nonsense voice, "that even though this is a party, we are there for a specific reason. We are not there to spike the punch, seduce humans, glamour the food, challenge males to a fight, or do anything pertaining to mischief. Is that understood?" She shot a piercing glare at Puck when she said this, and he pointed to himself with a wide-eyed, who me? look. It did not amuse her. "I will be watching you," she warned, and even though she was barely four feet tall, white-haired, and shriveled like a prune, she made the threat sound ominous. "Do try to behave yourselves."


Needless to say, some people died that I didn't want to die and other things were set to rights and other things were not. I can't even imagine what's going to happen in the next book but I hope it something good because even though it was a good enough ending, there are still things pending that need to get done and I'm not sure how they are going to do that!

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1495671988

No comments:

Post a Comment