Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, April 16, 2017

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive – alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth.

The Starbound Trilogy: Three worlds. Three love stories. One enemy. @goodreads
 


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


I really enjoyed this book the second time around!

 :

The first time I read this book was back in 2015 and I'm not sure why I gave it 2.5 stars. I had an old review that told me some of the reasons but they make no sense to me now!

I loved Tarver and Lilac and yes I wanted to smack them a few times. I always feel like that so it's nothing new.

Lilac is the daughter of one of the richest men if not the richest men and Tarver is a lowly Major that didn't come from a whole lot. They didn't really like each other at first either, but what are you going to do when your trapped in a pod with someone trying to escape the destruction of the ship you were on? The Icarus was being ripped from space and Lilac and Tarver need to get that pod out quickly.

They managed to get away with the help of some mechanics from Lilac, I know, who knew? Anyway, they crash land on this planet. This planet that seems really creepy after a bit. I mean when you start seeing things and hearing whispers, wouldn't you think it was haunted? I would think I was crazier than I am or almost dead and dreaming.

Lilac and Tarver have to go through some really bad things and near death experiences to make it off this planet. They learned to survive in weird and cool ways. They fell in love, yes love and it was great!

But, things on this planet really are not what they seem.

I thought it was freaking awesome, even though I got lost with some of the explanations, but other than that it was cool beans!

I hope the other books are just as good! 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1310840983

No comments:

Post a Comment