Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

The second installment in the epic Starbound trilogy introduces a new pair of star-crossed lovers on two sides of a bloody war.

Jubilee Chase and Flynn Cormac should never have met.

Lee is captain of the forces sent to Avon to crush the terraformed planet's rebellious colonists, but she has her own reasons for hating the insurgents.

Rebellion is in Flynn's blood. Terraforming corporations make their fortune by recruiting colonists to make the inhospitable planets livable, with the promise of a better life for their children. But they never fulfilled their promise on Avon, and decades later, Flynn is leading the rebellion.

Desperate for any advantage in a bloody and unrelentingly war, Flynn does the only thing that makes sense when he and Lee cross paths: he returns to base with her as prisoner. But as his fellow rebels prepare to execute this tough-talking girl with nerves of steel, Flynn makes another choice that will change him forever. He and Lee escape the rebel base together, caught between two sides of a senseless war. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


At first I wasn't sure I was going to like this book. I was thinking it was okay but I am also sick today on my birthday as some of you know and was dozing in and out so that could be it too.

For some reason I was thinking this was going to be a book about the people that were on the planet from the first book. The people that were there before Tarver and Lilac crashed. Noooo, it took me over half the book to figure out that wasn't it at all.

Jubilee (Lee) is a Captain on planet Avon <-- I can't stop thinking about beauty products. Lee is there with a crew to try to get rebel colonists under control. Avon is a terraformed planet, apparently there are a bunch of them.

Flynn is one of the rebels and he captures Lee with luck because she is bad to the bone and most men and women are afraid of her. But they talk and he finds out some things that Lee didn't even know about and he keeps talking about a building that he has seen. . . that isn't there! <-- these books will mess with your mind.

Lee and Flynn try to think of some ways they can get a ceasefire once and for all and get things right with all of the people. But there are reasons other than what's going on - going on <-- don't you love my reviews! :-D

THEN, awhile later, Tarver and Lilac come into the picture! I was so happy and that is when I figured some things out. You know like it being another planet and some other stuff that I'm not telling you.

So far, I have enjoyed the first two books. I did love the first book a lot more than this one though. I hope I love the last book and that it's even better than this one! 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1976497168

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review! I actually listened to the last two books on audio and the production was excellent. The third and final book is the best of the three - hope you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am looking forward to the last book because I have heard it's the best one from a few people =) I'm glad you enjoyed it on audio! I wish they had more cd's at the library. I don't do audioble

      Delete