Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Everless by Sara Holland

Time is a prison. She is the key. Packed with danger, temptation and desire - a perfect read for fans of The Red Queen.

In the land of Sempera, the rich control everything - even time. Ever since the age of alchemy and sorcery, hours, days and years have been extracted from blood and bound to iron coins. The rich live for centuries; the poor bleed themselves dry.

Jules and her father are behind on their rent and low on hours. To stop him from draining himself to clear their debts, Jules takes a job at Everless, the grand estate of the cruel Gerling family.

There, Jules encounters danger and temptation in the guise of the Gerling heir, Roan, who is soon to be married. But the web of secrets at Everless stretches beyond her desire, and the truths Jules must uncover will change her life for ever ... and possibly the future of time itself. @goodreads 

















December Fairyloot!






I was totally thinking this was going to be my first DNF book! Boy did it prove me wrong and I'm glad I kept going.

At first I thought this was going to be like that movie, 'In Time.' Was that the name of it?






BUT.......

in this book you give your time in blood... gross!




It's crazy and I probably have this a bit wrong, but the rich people take from the poor as usual. They can take their blood for whatever reason they can think up and they also use it as punishment. They can take enough to kill you or just take a few years off. I mean, who the hell wants to live forever anyway?

Movin' on..

We have Jules who goes to Everless to work for the Queen and Lady Gold (Ina). Ina is to be wed to Prince Roan and since Jules has had a crush on him all of her life, it makes her sad.

Prince Liam is the evil brother that Jules loathes because he tried to kill Roan when they were little and Jules saved him. And he's just evil anyway.

I like Caro, she was the what's it to the Queen and Ina. The head honcho so to speak but she was nice and fun.

Jule's dad told her part of a secret and she's trying to figure out what in the world he meant by it. Then she starts having certain people telling her to get out of Everless, to run away and hide.

And the plot thickens.

Jules finds out she is not normal in the sense that we know it. She is something else!




I freaking loved it and am looking forward to the next book because that freaking ending!

PS-I said all kinds of things backward in this review to throw everyone off =) Read the book and figure it all out! 



Happy Reading!

Mel ♥ 


GOODREADS REVIEW

AMAZON REVIEW

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering if you would be interested in a free e-copy of The Day The Sun Changed Colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't do pdf, mobi etc. I only read straight kindle books as my digital, straight from Amazon. And of course, mostly physical books.

      Delete