Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Lux Beginnings by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Now available together for the first time, don't miss Obsidian and Onyx, the first two books in Jennifer L. Armentrout's bestselling Lux series. Also includes bonus content exclusive to the print edition! "A thrilling ride from start to finish," says RT Book Reviews.

Obsidian
There’s an alien next door. And with his looming height and eerie green eyes, he’s hot… until he opens his mouth. He’s infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, he marks me. Turns out he has a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal his abilities and the only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to him until my alien mojo fades. If I don’t kill him first, that is.

Onyx
Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems. I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me? @goodreads




















Found me another gem amongst my books!



The book kinda reminded me of a mix of Damon Salvatore



meets Roswell



meets some evil aliens, evil people with some teenage angst 😄

There are the first two books from the series in this one book:

Obsidian & Onyx

and they are both sooooo good! I will admit though, I wanted to smack people 15 times!

I love Katy's character! She's a book blogger and made me appreciate my blog more. The author actually dedicated to book lovers and book bloggers both large and small. Yay! I don't hate mine so much any more and may spend more time over there!!

Katy loved books, obviously and she doesn't take shit off Daemon and she's just plain cool! Katy and her mom move to a small town in West Virginia. Her mom needed a change since Katy's father died a couple of years ago. She works at the hospital so Katy is left alone a lot.

Katy gets in with her next door neighbors; Daemon & Dee. They are aliens 👽 Daemon is a jerk that you love, hate and want to have sex with at any given moment. Dee is super sweet and becomes a great best friend.

Daemon is the most powerful alien of their kind on the planet. They have been here awhile and are monitored. And there are some evil aliens that came too that are always trying to kill Daemon and their race.

Daemon is a jerk to Katy most of the time but there are reasons. He's also a love interest and it makes things really hard for them both. They eventually tell Katy all about them and why they have to stay away from humans. But that doesn't happen as Dee becomes a best friend and Daemon can't stay away.

There are some major things go down and Katy is changed! I'm not saying what happened but it's totally cool. Now they have to fight the government and the evil aliens just to try to survive like normal.

I have to say that I stayed up WAY past my bedtime to finish this book. That's how much I was into it. And I don't do that often due to medical conditions

I'm just glad I loved it so much.


Happy Reading!

Mel ❤️


 GOODREADS REVIEW

AMAZON REVIEW 

2 comments:

  1. I totally thought of Roswell when I read this series for the first time! Be sure to look for Oblivion. I don't know about the physical copy, but the eBook version is the first three books from Daemon's POV. This is one of my favorite series of all time. It's so much fun and has lots of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so Roswell =) This book has Oblivion and Onyx in it I think I said in my review. I have the next 2 books in a big volume like this one too and the 5th one in a smaller volume. I don't know if there are any more after that but I will get them too if there are =)

      Delete