Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, August 28, 2015

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella


An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.
 @goodreads

MY REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1361594371            5 STARS

 Once again I find myself sitting down to a book that I have to read the whole thing! I loved Audrey, I felt for her, I have panic disorder, among other things so I can understand her anxiety. I hate that so many kids have to go through these things concerning school.

I loved Audrey's brother Frank and his friend Linus. Frank is so funny and I think he does just fine. I loved that Linus talked to Audrey in the way she was comfortable and didn't make fun of her.

I wasn't a big fan of the mom throughout the story. I was waiting for them to say she has something happen to her or she had a disorder herself but, unless I missed it, she seemed an extreme mom! Some parts she was really funny, but half the time she's yelling and I wanted to cringe!

I loved reading about the family dynamics and Audrey's session with the video camera, some of those were classic :) Oh and how could I forget about the little brother Felix, he was just precious and funny in his own right :)

I just really loved this book and it is now on my amazon wishlist to buy.



Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Audrey-Sophie-Kinsella/dp/0553536516/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440811346&sr=8-1&keywords=finding+audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment