Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Haunted Heist by Angie Fox

Just because she can see the dead doesn’t mean Verity Long wants to spend her days hunting ghosts. Instead, she’s over the moon to land a marketing job at the local bank…until she finds her new boss dead in the vault. Even her ghost friend, Frankie, knows that's no way to start a career.

Relieved to let the police take charge, Verity steps aside, bound and determined to keep her ghost sightings to herself. But when she learns the main suspect in the murder is a very crooked, very dead mobster, Verity knows it's up to her to solve the case.

She teams up with her ghostly gangster buddy Frankie, as well as the irresistible and charming Ellis, as the three of them search haunted mob hideouts, hidden passageways, and historic cemeteries for the facts behind the heist of the century—and a modern-day motive for murder.

Too bad uncovering the truth could very well make Verity the next victim... @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


I won this in a GoodReads FirstReads giveway.

I was surprised when I got the book and it was autographed, with some postcards of the authors other books, a note from the author and a writing pen. I collected writing pens so that was an added bonus!


 :

I had fun with this book. It was a rather comedic murder mystery with ghosts. Fun gangster ghosts!

Verity is a cool character. She can see ghosts and an old gangster ghost from back in the day lives with her. Verity has a SKUNK for a pet which is too cool. Her name is Lucy (that's my dogs name) and little Lucy acts like a dog. How cute is that. Also, Verity goes around town in a 1978 avocado-green cadillac. What better way to cruise around with your gangster ghost friend!


 :

 :

Verity is an artist of sorts and she goes to get a job at the local bank because she has known the manager/owner for many years. But just like Verity's luck, he is killed not long after she gets to the bank. Now Verity and Frankie (ghost) are on the case.
I'd seen it happen. And although I'd never experienced it, I'd seen ghosts on television leap into a living body. I stiffened. It had felt ice cold in the vault, and Carla had been freezing as she stood over Reggie.
"What if Carla was possessed?"
"Ew. Yuck." He stared at me as if I'd gone off my rocker. "I ain't never heard of a ghost doing that. Do you realize how slimy you living feel?"
"I'll take your word for it."
Frankie and I had touched once by accident and the results hadn't been at all pleasant. It felt like walking around in someone else's wet, cold underwear.


That's a lovely thought right?

Anyway, the book is a lot of fun. There are shoot-outs with gangster ghosts. Yep, that's what I said, gangster ghosts, a sweet love connection brewing between Verity and Ellis (a cop who knows about Verity seeing and talking to ghosts), and secrets revealed. It's not a long book so if you want a funny little mystery with ghosts, here's your book. I enjoyed it. 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1562881191

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Heist-Southern-Ghost-Hunter/dp/1939661358?ie=UTF8&keywords=the%20haunted%20heist&qid=1463077607&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment