Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Children Of Blood And Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

Tomi Adeyemi conjures a stunning world of dark magic and danger in her West African-inspired fantasy debut, perfect for fans of Leigh Bardugo and Sabaa Tahir.

Zélie Adebola remembers when the soil of Orïsha hummed with magic. Burners ignited flames, Tiders beckoned waves, and Zelie’s Reaper mother summoned forth souls.

But everything changed the night magic disappeared. Under the orders of a ruthless king, maji were targeted and killed, leaving Zélie without a mother and her people without hope.

Now, Zélie has one chance to bring back magic and strike against the monarchy. With the help of a rogue princess, Zélie must outwit and outrun the crown prince, who is hell-bent on eradicating magic for good.

Danger lurks in Orïsha, where snow leoponaires prowl and vengeful spirits wait in the waters. Yet the greatest danger may be Zélie herself as she struggles to control her powers—and her growing feelings for the enemy.
@goodreads 


















Gah! I was just talking about how I hoped I get my poster for the book and it came and it's freaking awesome!



I loved this book so much!
❤️





This book is everything and I have a new favorite author =)


I try not to think of her.
But when I do, I think of rice.
When Mama was around, the hut always smelled of jollof rice.
I think about the way her dark skin glowed like the summer sun, the way her smile made Baba come alive. The way her white hair fuzzed and coiled, an untamed crown that breathed and thrived.
I hear the myths that she would tell me at night. Tzain's laughter when they played agbon in the park.
Baba's cries as the soldiers wrapped a chain around her neck. Her screams as they dragged her into the dark.
The incantations that spewed from her mouth like lava.
The magic of death that led her astray.
I think about the way her corpse hung from that tree.
I think about the king that took her away.




I love Zelie so much and I also love Amari and Zelie's brother Tzain and Nailah < -- I'm not telling you what she is =) I eventually fell in love with Inan too. And there are a lot of minor characters that were awesome!

I love this whole story line. I love that Zelie and Amari are two very tough women who should be enemies but become friends. I love, love, love everything!

Amari and Inan's father is the evil king. He killed magic so to speak a long time ago. I hate him so much and I'm so glad that Amari came to see his evilness first hand. He wants to keep the Diviner's down and treats them unfairly. This is what Zelie and her family are and some are a little bit more.

The little group of Zelie, Amari, Tzain and Nailah set out to try to bring magic back. And you can imagine all kinds of things happen during their journey.

I had so many feels during this book and I think everyone that loves fantasy should give it a try because it's like nothing I have read and it's awesome! *Sings praises*


It's his blood.
It's him.
The ultimate sacrifice.
The greatest blood magic I could wield.
"Kill her!"
The first two guards charge at me, swords pointed and raised. They run with a vengeance.
The last mistake they will ever make.




We are all children of blood and bone.
All instruments of vengeance and virtue.
This truth holds me close, rocking me like a child in it's mother's arms.
It binds me in its love as death swallows me into its grasp.


This is just the beginning, lovelies =)



I can't wait for the next book!

Happy Reading!

Mel ♥


 GOODREADS REVIEW

AMAZON REVIEW



6 comments:

  1. I love this book. So much. I can't wait to read more. That ending right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you loved it! I can't wait until the next book =( Yessssss! What's with that ending!

      Delete
  2. YAY!! I can't wait to get my hands on this one. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! =) I hope you love it as much as I did ♥

      Delete
  3. I've got this one on hold. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete