Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Senlin Ascends by Josiah Bancroft

The Tower of Babel is the greatest marvel in the world. Immense as a mountain, the ancient Tower holds unnumbered ringdoms, warring and peaceful, stacked one on the other like the layers of a cake. It is a world of geniuses and tyrants, of airships and steam engines, of unusual animals and mysterious machines.

Soon after arriving for his honeymoon at the Tower, the mild-mannered headmaster of a small village school, Thomas Senlin, gets separated from his wife, Marya, in the overwhelming swarm of tourists, residents, and miscreants.

Senlin is determined to find Marya, but to do so he'll have to navigate madhouses, ballrooms, and burlesque theaters. He must survive betrayal, assassination, and the long guns of a flying fortress. But if he hopes to find his wife, he will have to do more than just endure.

This quiet man of letters must become a man of action.
@goodreads 


















I'm not sure if this was the hype of the book, my mood, or the book itself. I'm going to to with my mood as I found a lot of the book very good. I did take a little bit to get into it but that was because of reading other books I do believe.

So here I am in the most unpopular opinion world. I do have some friends that gave it 2 and 3 stars but for the most part it's 4 and 5. I feel left out. I am going to revisit this book a little later to make sure it wasn't my mood because like I said before, I did like most of the book.

I'm not going to write a long review as there are many long reviews here on Goodreads telling you all about the book. There is no sense in me writing the same thing over.

This was a very strange/weird trip through the Tower of Babel with Senlin trying to find his wife that seemed to have gotten lost in the throng. But I wonder, did she really get lost? Did she get taken? I guess we shall see in the next books.



The happy traveler will look for the broadest, most beaten path, will look to his fellow traveler for behavioral cues, will be an echo but will not raise his voice. It is dangerous to blaze a trail when one is already so clearly cut.

-Everyman's Guide to the Tower of Babel, I. VI


Happy Reading!

Mel ♥


GOODREADS REVIEW

AMAZON REVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment