Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

Andie had it all planned out.

When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.

Important internship? Check.

Amazing friends? Check.

Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).

But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.

Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected.

And where’s the fun in that?@goodreads


MY REVIEW:


5 STARS 

 :

This book is so good and it made me cry. Okay, I know, I always say that, but I always cry in books whether it's happy or sad.

You have Andie who's father is a politician and they haven't really spent time together in about 5 years. Andie's mom isn't around but you can read about that in the book. I love Andie's friends. Palmer, Toby and Bri are all best friends with Andie and yes those are girls. :-) They have Tom and Wyatt as the guy friends.

Andie has it all planned out for the summer. She's going to the Young Scholars Program at John Hopkins, but there is a big scandal with her father and she gets turned down. I mean seriously, this had nothing to do with Andie and it isn't fair but that's life. And her father wasn't guilty either but it is what it is right?

Now Andie has no idea what she's going to do, but her friends are happy she's going to be with them over the summer. Andie decides to at least apply for a job and this happens to be in the form of a dog walker :-) Yes, doggers! I love it!


 :

One of the dogs she walks is Bertie the Great Pyrenees. She actually meets Bertie and his caretaker, Clark Bruce McCallister, when Bertie got away from him and sort of had a run in with Andie. She wasn't a dog walker at the time, but when Clark found out she had a job walking dogs she hired the company she was working through.


 :

At first Andie is really down that she had to stay home for the summer, but it turns out to be the best summer EVER! Her dad is home now and they got off to a bad start but then it ended up really great for them. I was so happy for them in the book. Andie has a great time with her friends. AND.... there is always the AND... she finds love with wonderful Clark. I love Clark. He's a teenage fantasy writer (yeah teenage writer!) and he's dreamy.

Watching Andie and Clark slowly get together was so sweet. 


--->EXCERPT<---

I wasn't sure if it was an accident, so I kept my hand stretched down by my side, within easy reach, and what felt like a lifetime later, Clark's hand brushed mine again, sending a spark through me that I felt all the way in my toes. He kept his hand touching mine, and then, moving a millimeter at a time, curved his fingers around so that they were resting against my palm, just brushing it, so lightly. Then he moved up, over the curve of my thumb, and ran his index finger over the inside of my wrist in a slow circle. I could feel my pulse fluttering beneath his fingertips, and I had to remind myself that I knew how to breathe, that I'd been doing it my whole life. And then our palms were touching, perfectly lined up, though I could feel how much bigger his hand was than mine, feel his fingertips curving over the tops of mine, despite what Bri had always called my "weird large tree-frog hands." We stayed that way for just a moment, and then, like we'd talked about it before, like we'd mutually picked the time, our fingers interlocked and we were holding hands.


OMG, I could be in that moment and then they walked and talked. They at one point FINALLY kissed and it was "ahhhhhhhhhh." Yeah, I'm a little/alot crazy!


 :

Even though there were so many fun things that happen in the book, there are the upsetting things. The things brought up about unhappy pasts, things that happen within the group of friends, but we always have to take the bad with the good. Even in a book or if it's too bad you can just throw the book across the room or something.

Either way, I loved the book, the characters, the whole story line. I hope Morgan Matson keeps popping these books out. I want more and more!


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1646923553

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Unexpected-Everything-Morgan-Matson/dp/1481404547?ie=UTF8&keywords=the%20unexpected%20everything%20in%20books&qid=1465311351&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

MY AMAZON REVIEW:

 https://www.amazon.com/review/R3DZZZSPNGQS5W/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

2 comments:

  1. Great review Melissa! Dogs should be featured heavily in ALL the books :)

    ReplyDelete