Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Medusa, A Love Story by Sasha Summers

Medusa is ruled by duty, to her Titan father and the Goddess Athena. She's no room for the tenderness her warrior guard, Ariston, stirs. When Olympus frees her from service, her heart leads her into the arms of the guard she loves... and curses her as the creature with serpent locks.

Ariston goes to war with a full heart... and dreadful foreboding. He learns too late of the danger Medusa faces, alone, and a Persian blade sends him into the Underworld. But death, curses, nor the wrath of the Gods will keep him from returning to her.

Poseidon will use Greece's war to get what he wants: Medusa. He does not care that she belongs to another. He does not care that she will be damned. He is a God, an Olympian, and she will be his.



 
He drew in a harsh breath before he whispered, "The love I have for you gives me breath and strength. You will always hold my heart. Let it give you the strength to do what must be done. For you will be my lady, forever."




I read this book for a challenge in one of my book groups and I'm glad I did as I loved it! I felt so bad for Medusa and Ariston, but this retelling was very satisfying against all the odds
"Wisdom will rule this day on, your constant lullaby their serpents song. Only those with an innocent heart, women and children, are set safely apart. A heart of stone is your curse to bear as they turn man to stone with their ruby stare. Keep them safe and keep them whole, or to Hades you will send their soul. Your disloyalty causes man's life to end, but through your death, they live again."




But some stories will still find their happy ending ....







Happy Reading!

Mel
🖤🐶🐺🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment