Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Pack Of Blood And Lies by Olivia Wildenstein

The primal rule of winning: don’t fall in love with the contender.

Three months shy of her eighteenth birthday, Ness is forced to return to Colorado. Even though it’s been six years, and the wolves of her all-male pack don’t recognize her, she recognizes them. People who shun others because of their gender are hard to forget.

Especially Liam Kolane—son of Heath, the crudest and cruelest Alpha to have ruled the Boulder Pack. Liam is as handsome as he is infuriating, as kind as he is punishing, and he makes Ness’s traitorous heart race, which isn’t good. After all, he’s a Kolane. Like father like son, right?

When Heath dies, Liam vies to become the new Alpha and no one dares challenge him.

Except Ness.

Thus begins a treacherous game.

The rules: winner takes all…including loser’s life.

Fans of Kresley Cole and Cassandra Clare will devour A PACK OF BLOOD AND LIES.

* Contains Alpha males.
* Not suitable for children under 14.




At first I was going to give this 2 stars or dnf, but I kept going and I'm glad. I think it was my mood and not feeling the story at first, because I'm a HUGE werewolf fan. I mean I have always wanted to be one so........

Anyhoo, this is a story about Ness who/whom was shunned when she was a little girl and forced out of town with her mother. Things happen and when Ness is a teen the pack drags her back home to Colorado. <-- Not literally




I love Ness as a character; she's loving and kind but a bad ass when she has to be and she certainly has to be in this book.

The old evil Alpha is gone and Ness decides to go up against Liam because she thinks he's evil like his father. Turns out there are different evil peeps in the book you wouldn't have seen coming.

But Ness is strong and she fights for what she believes in and doesn't back down when it comes to the ones she loves.

Some of the characters I loved to hate but some of my favorite are Liam, Ness and Evelyn. The book even brought a bit of a tear to my eye with some happiness that ensues. Get over it, I cry when I'm happy and sad =)

I'm very happy with the ending of this book and look forward to the next book!

*Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for a digital copy of this book.*


Happy Reading! 

Mel ♥ 

GOODREADS REVIEW  

No comments:

Post a Comment