Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Priest of Bones by Peter McLean

It's a dangerous thing, to choose the lesser of two evils.

The war is over, and army priest Tomas Piety finally heads home with Lieutenant Bloody Anne at his side. When he arrives in the Stink, Tomas finds that his empire of crime has been stolen from him while at war. With his gang of Pious Men, Tomas will do whatever it takes to reclaim his businesses. But when he finds himself dragged into a web of political intrigue once again, and is forced to work in secret for the sinister Queen's Men, everything gets more complicated.

When loyalties stretch to the breaking point and violence only leads to violence, when people have run out of food, and hope, and places to hide, do not be surprised if they have also run out of mercy. As the Pious Men fight shadowy foreign infiltrators in the backstreet taverns and gambling dens of Tomas's old life it becomes clear; the war is not over.

It is only just beginning.






Woot!! This one went right into my favorites list! Happy Freaking Day!!


I loved almost every character in the book!! My favorite being Bloody Anne!

"I don’t want a fucking love spell," Bloody Anne snarled at him. "I’ve paid you silver for wisdom, so you’ll have the good grace to shut up and listen to the fucking question without interrupting me again or I’ll nail you to your door with your fucking rat, you understand me?"

Old Kurt stared at her for a moment, then laughed his thin, reedy old man’s laugh.

"That’s me told, ain’t it," he said. "I’ll listen, my fine lady. I’ll listen to you."


She’s Tomas second and she’s bad to the bone!!

Tomas is a fighter, a businessman and a priest. <— just read the book!

I love these people and laughed my butt off at some of their antics! I also give kudos to the author for having Tomas kill one of his own men that was going to rape a girl and also give a beating to one that hurt one of his brothel girls! Also, there was no senseless animal killings in the book! Hell yeah! I mean I can’t say what he will do in the other books but he got my full 5 stars for a great book and the forementioned <— is that even a word!

This is a grimdark my peeps and done in a way I could fully love and not cringe or skim. Yes, there are blood and guts and stuff. Uh, I did mention grimdark. Anyhoo, I loved it and look forward to the rest of the books!!


Happy Reading!

Mel
๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿถ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿพ 


GOODREADS REVIEW

AMAZON REVIEW

2 comments: